S Jaiden Francois

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

50 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Francois commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

11 hours ago, krc1995 said:

Well of course it didn’t. That would be silly to suggest.  

guys been all of the place since day 1 and appears to me to be high maintenance. We got way to excited by him in December.  I could see how his drama may not be the fit Frost is looking for.   

thank god we got that Webb dude.   

He was told false information by another school that delayed his commitment. Not sure what I would do but being told info about a coach leaving would be terrible to hear the day I was signing. No signs of "high maintenance" in my opinion and you have nothing to back that up in your post. 

Now with a global virus his family wants him closer to home or maybe he wants to be near his family. Nebraska is drastically different than Florida. Frost and co definitely want his talent as you can watch the highlight film and in a year or two he would be competing to be a starter.

I count this transfer as a big loss because he could add an element to our Defense that I haven't seen under Frost, force turnovers. He got countless interceptions and was excited to see him add something to the team, but can't fault him for leaving and next man up. 

• Plus1 5

10 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

He was told false information by another school that delayed his commitment. Not sure what I would do but being told info about a coach leaving would be terrible to hear the day I was signing. No signs of "high maintenance" in my opinion and you have nothing to back that up in your post. 

Now with a global virus his family wants him closer to home or maybe he wants to be near his family. Nebraska is drastically different than Florida. Frost and co definitely want his talent as you can watch the highlight film and in a year or two he would be competing to be a starter.

I count this transfer as a big loss because he could add an element to our Defense that I haven't seen under Frost, force turnovers. He got countless interceptions and was excited to see him add something to the team, but can't fault him for leaving and next man up. 

Did you see his signing day? It was fun for us wasn’t it? 

Other sites have him talking to Iowa and LSU.  

Shows up and then leaves 

He appears to be indecisive at the kindest. Glad we’re not investing time and effort in him. Of course his talent would make the team better but the idea of how great he would be doesn't do us much good if he actually not here. We seem to swing and miss on a lot of these talented out of state kids. 

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, macroboy said:

Would he and Gray still be here if it wasn't for COVID?

I don't recall players leaving this soon after signing but it's such a weird year for higher ed...everything actually.

Gray would be yes. He had a family member become very sick. Francois? 80-90% chance he still leaves. 

• Plus1 2

45 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah, that is probably a badass case of homesickness. 

So easy to forget these kids are 18.

I went from MN to Lincoln and it took me 2 months to get the home sick feeling. Lasted a week and then I was very happy.

I think its hard given the current circumstances. Probably feel even more isolated.

I hope Jaiden finds what he is looking for.

Just now, Minnesota_husker said:

So easy to forget these kids are 18.

I went from MN to Lincoln and it took me 2 months to get the home sick feeling. Lasted a week and then I was very happy.

I think its hard given the current circumstances. Probably feel even more isolated.

I hope Jaiden finds what he is looking for.

For sure...and think about it.  It isn't like it just hit him at 2am...the kid was probably hating life for the last month.

Was he an early enrollee?  I think some of those kids feel left out, they are not really a part of their own class because those guys are not there yet and they are not part of the other classes.

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

For sure...and think about it.  It isn't like it just hit him at 2am...the kid was probably hating life for the last month.

Was he an early enrollee?  I think some of those kids feel left out, they are not really a part of their own class because those guys are not there yet and they are not part of the other classes.

Covid makes things even more difficult. Not having class or anyone on campus, only having football.... Going from being a top dog to being low man....

Normally they have resources/counseling for the kids but one thing I wonder is how that continues during covid. 

Spielman mentioned he struggled with support. 

If I am Frost and Co, I am starting to take notice that we need to make sure we have SR teammates or staff checking in on these kids as they cope with other things. 

• Thanks 1

I’m not gonna pretend to know what his home life is like or the circumstances in general but 90% of the team on scholarship is not from Nebraska. A lot not even close. You have to help yourself and talk to others. He just bolted in the middle of the night. What ever happened to sticking it out or at least trying to improve your situation? Or being mentally tough? 

When I went to university I dealt with a similar feeling. Homesick. Missed my high school friends. Did nothing. Had minimal friends. Hated college my whole freshman year & wanted to transfer. I then decided I didn’t want to live like that & instead of transferring I sought out friends and ended up joining a fraternity & two clubs on campus and found my hobbies. I ended up loving the place & those friends. 

• Plus1 1
47 minutes ago, Decked said:

I’m not gonna pretend to know what his home life is like or the circumstances in general but 90% of the team on scholarship is not from Nebraska. A lot not even close. You have to help yourself and talk to others. He just bolted in the middle of the night. What ever happened to sticking it out or at least trying to improve your situation? Or being mentally tough? 

When I went to university I dealt with a similar feeling. Homesick. Missed my high school friends. Did nothing. Had minimal friends. Hated college my whole freshman year & wanted to transfer. I then decided I didn’t want to live like that & instead of transferring I sought out friends and ended up joining a fraternity & two clubs on campus and found my hobbies. I ended up loving the place & those friends. 

What you described is admirable, and I too used to think in absolutes like that.  What I had to learn was that my line of thinking was driven by my own upbringing and circumstances.  I had a strong family unit and a Dad in my life who cared.  You don't know what the individual situations have looked like for these kids and what their mental state is.  Sticking things out or knowing they will probably get better may be a totally new concept to some, you just don't know.  I won't judge a young man for this and just hope he finds a good situation for him where he can grow.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Covid makes things even more difficult. Not having class or anyone on campus, only having football.... Going from being a top dog to being low man....

Normally they have resources/counseling for the kids but one thing I wonder is how that continues during covid. 

Spielman mentioned he struggled with support. 

If I am Frost and Co, I am starting to take notice that we need to make sure we have SR teammates or staff checking in on these kids as they cope with other things. 

Yep.  I think it'd be tough as I really don't think they're suppose to leave campus right now and even if they did, there's just not much going on.  Probably isn't a whole lot of fun right now.  And let's face it, a lot of kids just don't have the same mindset now days.  Many aren't that mentally tough.  And they know they know they can pretty much transfer out and get a waiver so we just have to accept the fact that this is going to happen much more frequently.

1 hour ago, Farms said:

Yep.  I think it'd be tough as I really don't think they're suppose to leave campus right now and even if they did, there's just not much going on.  Probably isn't a whole lot of fun right now.  And let's face it, a lot of kids just don't have the same mindset now days.  Many aren't that mentally tough.  And they know they know they can pretty much transfer out and get a waiver so we just have to accept the fact that this is going to happen much more frequently.

2 hours ago, Decked said:

And maybe it's not a matter of "being mentally tough." We have no idea what all the factors are here, and just because we've all probably been homesick at one time or another doesn't mean we went through the same thing and "toughed it out." I don't see any reason to question the kid's mental fortitude without knowing the entire situation, and we're never going to know that.

Tougher for us to swallow than Gray's transfer because there was an obvious good reason for that. But the lack of a public, "good" reason for transferring shouldn't be license to publicly imply a kid is weak. Since we don't have and are not owed any information, I'd rather assume there are reasons than assume anything negative about him. Best of luck wherever he ends up!

• Plus1 3
3 hours ago, Farms said:

I disagree with this. We are going through some of the most traumatic times in US history with a pandemic, civil unrest and so much more.

We dont know what is happening with Jaiden behind the scenes or anyone else. 

Mental health is tough and especially tough when someone has chemical imbalance(not saying Jaiden does) to be able to handle all these things happening.

For people who are able to approach things logically because their mental state is clear to try and wrap their heads around someone who doesnt have that is unfair.

Toughen up and push your feelings down isnt healthy. 

• Plus1 1