S Jaiden Francois

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

50 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Francois commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

4 hours ago, Decked said:

What ever happened to ... being mentally tough? 

One thing that has happened is that society has realized that sometimes being mentally tough actually just means being mentally unhealthy. Often the least healthy and most healthy responses to trauma and struggle look the same from the outside.

• Plus1 4

37 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I disagree with this. We are going through some of the most traumatic times in US history with a pandemic, civil unrest and so much more.

We dont know what is happening with Jaiden behind the scenes or anyone else. 

Mental health is tough and especially tough when someone has chemical imbalance(not saying Jaiden does) to be able to handle all these things happening.

For people who are able to approach things logically because their mental state is clear to try and wrap their heads around someone who doesnt have that is unfair.

Toughen up and push your feelings down isnt healthy. 

I can't speak for the rest of the board but another thing is social media wasn't around when I was in college.  Without getting into my thoughts on Twitter too much, this would be a tricky time for an 18 year old kid that is a pretty new place and is probably pretty isolated due to Covid.  Where is he going to go with all his newfound idle time?  Social media.  Which in my experience is often a place where you don't want to spend much (if any) time.

37 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I disagree with this. We are going through some of the most traumatic times in US history with a pandemic, civil unrest and so much more.

We dont know what is happening with Jaiden behind the scenes or anyone else. 

Mental health is tough and especially tough when someone has chemical imbalance(not saying Jaiden does) to be able to handle all these things happening.

For people who are able to approach things logically because their mental state is clear to try and wrap their heads around someone who doesnt have that is unfair.

Toughen up and push your feelings down isnt healthy. 

I can't speak for the rest of the board but another thing is social media wasn't around when I was in college.  Without getting into my thoughts on Twitter too much, this would be a tricky time for an 18 year old kid that is a pretty new place and is probably pretty isolated due to Covid.  Where is he going to go with all his newfound idle time?  Social media.  Which in my experience is often a place where you don't want to spend much (if any) time.

26 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

We’re not going to slander this young man’s character. If you’re going to do that consider this your warning for the consequence. Wish him well or move on without posting. 

FWIW I’m missing the slander on his character. I would actually venture to say the dialogue was quite healthy and I came out with a different mindset. I think it’s just questioning the mentality of kids in that age group and not attacking Francois on a personal level. I wish him the best & hope wherever he goes he’ll be happy. Just with how I carry myself it is not something that I would not have done. 

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, Decked said:

FWIW I’m missing the slander on his character. I would actually venture to say the dialogue was quite healthy and I came out with a different mindset. I think it’s just questioning the mentality of kids in that age group and not attacking Francois on a personal level. I wish him the best & hope wherever he goes he’ll be happy. Just with how I carry myself it is not something that I would not have done. 

The existing dialogue was fine. I just wanted to get ahead of anything that could come on a Friday night when people start feeling a little more loose with their comments. 

• Fire 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Saw on twitter that this situation hasn't been completely resolved. According to the report, Nebraska has blocked his release. Now, I don't know anything about this situation BUT if Frost is actually doing this, I can only think of one reason as to why. My guess is that UCF contacted him during his time at Nebraska or even went and saw him in Florida. I made the mistake of saying this on twitter which im getting killed over lol but I can only see this being the reason for this petty behavior. It happened to him with Oregon St too. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Vince R. said:

Saw on twitter that this situation hasn't been completely resolved. According to the report, Nebraska has blocked his release. Now, I don't know anything about this situation BUT if Frost is actually doing this, I can only think of one reason as to why. My guess is that UCF contacted him during his time at Nebraska or even went and saw him in Florida. I made the mistake of saying this on twitter which im getting killed over lol but I can only see this being the reason for this petty behavior. It happened to him with Oregon St too. 

Weird 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Vince R. said:

I thought schools could block a release since they've made the transfer portal?

3 hours ago, Vince R. said:

A. Francois had a very very strange signing day. Maybe it’s wasn’t just Miami whispering in his ear about the staff.

B. Greene left after Francois and went to FAU, presumably with no issues.

C. I can’t imagine Frost blocking UCF for no reason.  It’s not like he’s sticking it to USF or an old rival.  You would imagine he’d be fond of UCF.

Seems like this is enough to suggest that he’s not being blocked out of mere pettiness.

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Mastershake said:

A. Francois had a very very strange signing day. Maybe it’s wasn’t just Miami whispering in his ear about the staff.

B. Greene left after Francois and went to FAU, presumably with no issues.

C. I can’t imagine Frost blocking UCF for no reason.  It’s not like he’s sticking it to USF or an old rival.  You would imagine he’d be fond of UCF.

Seems like this is enough to suggest that he’s not being blocked out of mere pettiness.

I tried explaining this to the fools over there on twitter. UCF fans told me that Frost apparently stole the recruiting database there at UCF or tried to delete it? They also said that one of our coaches went over there during their practice to talk to players? Which all seems kind of strange. 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
11 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

I tried explaining this to the fools over there on twitter. UCF fans told me that Frost apparently stole the recruiting database there at UCF or tried to delete it? They also said that one of our coaches went over there during their practice to talk to players? Which all seems kind of strange. 

UCF Twitter mafia is the cringiest thing I have ever heard

• 2 years later...