Injuries

HuskrSteve

7 minutes ago, knapplc said:

A bit melodramatic, don't you think?

Not really.  I meant for this year.  A few years ago Houston took the prize when their star DL chose not to play one game and argued with his HC on the sideline during the game.  At least he was a high NFL pick.  We also had to boot a senior off the team with 3 games left.  It seems like we still have a lot of work left to get the locker room fixed.  This senior class has probably lost the most games in program history so graduation might help.  Our trainers seem very cautious with injuries so if they said Carlos was OK to play but chose not to then the coaches need to confront him.  Pulling Carlos's scholarship and giving him the boot might seem petty but is probably the right thing to do.  Frost needs to get control of the team.

• Fire 1
13 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Not really.  I meant for this year.  A few years ago Houston took the prize when their star DL chose not to play one game and argued with his HC on the sideline during the game.  At least he was a high NFL pick.  We also had to boot a senior off the team with 3 games left.  It seems like we still have a lot of work left to get the locker room fixed.  This senior class has probably lost the most games in program history so graduation might help.  Our trainers seem very cautious with injuries so if they said Carlos was OK to play but chose not to then the coaches need to confront him.  Pulling Carlos's scholarship and giving him the boot might seem petty but is probably the right thing to do.  Frost needs to get control of the team.

Yeah.. that probably wouldn't get the control of the team. 

• Plus1 1
26 minutes ago, WVhuskerXX said:

Yeah.. that probably wouldn't get the control of the team. 

You can boot players for rule violations and it's a bad look if you let things slide.  I suppose it's possible there isn't a team rule that says you have to play if available.  I mean it's kind of simple, the school gives you a scholarship in exchange for playing football so maybe not playing because you don't feel like it doesn't violate a team rule since it's common sense.

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Is that a fact?

I can't imagine any Blackshirt from back in the day saying they were not healthy enough to go.  I'm hoping there is a lot more to it than that......If this was the actual comment made ie "I'm not healthy enough to play"  I can see that there are still HUGE issues with this team....If you don't want to play, turn in your gear, give up the free ride and get out.

• Plus1 1