Injuries

HuskrSteve

3 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

You can boot players for rule violations and it's a bad look if you let things slide.  I suppose it's possible there isn't a team rule that says you have to play if available.  I mean it's kind of simple, the school gives you a scholarship in exchange for playing football so maybe not playing because you don't feel like it doesn't violate a team rule since it's common sense.

Really hate when the unpaid laborors look out for their own health

• Plus1 5

On 11/16/2019 at 3:58 PM, lo country said:

I can't imagine any Blackshirt from back in the day saying they were not healthy enough to go.  I'm hoping there is a lot more to it than that......If this was the actual comment made ie "I'm not healthy enough to play"  I can see that there are still HUGE issues with this team....If you don't want to play, turn in your gear, give up the free ride and get out.

2 plays in the game come to mind about who this team is.  1st is having three guys jog past a fumble and only when coaches are practically on the field yelling does someone come by and fall on the ball.  EFFORT, or lack of.  Second is the last slip screen to mazour where boe Wilson jogged to his block only to miss it horribly.  Defender comes right in front of him and makes the tackle at the one, he makes that block and he scores.  Little things and EFFORT.  Coaches call plays and players have to execute.  This past week is the first time I felt as frost has said we are close, when it turns it’s going to be big.  Those are just two examples of many likely.  Many players ok with being ok.

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Callahan said today that he doesn't expect Wan'Dale to play Saturday.

No reason or sources given.

I dont think this is true, but it brings to memory the comments his dad made 2 weeks ago.  I hope Wandale isnt mailing it in for the rest of the year, so he can get out of Lincoln healthy.   

Again, that seems to go against everything Wandale, considering he begged to get back in the game as soon as he was injured.  But part of me wonders....simply cause i dont know what the injury was, but it didnt appear to be that bad

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BigPeterJ said:

I dont think this is true, but it brings to memory the comments his dad made 2 weeks ago.  I hope Wandale isnt mailing it in for the rest of the year, so he can get out of Lincoln healthy.   

Again, that seems to go against everything Wandale, considering he begged to get back in the game as soon as he was injured.  But part of me wonders....simply cause i dont know what the injury was, but it didnt appear to be that bad

I don't remember if there was ever much of a report of what his injury is.  But the way it is playing out makes me think hamstring.  Something that's not always terribly bad by itself but is really easy to reinjure.  So they make sure to give it plenty of time to heal up before turning him loose again.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I don't remember if there was ever much of a report of what his injury is.  But the way it is playing out makes me think hamstring.  Something that's not always terribly bad by itself but is really easy to reinjure.  So they make sure to give it plenty of time to heal up before turning him loose again.

Hoping its just a strained Hammy as you say.  Im just surprised he will be out yet another week.  Best case scenario is your right, and he could play, but the coaches are protecting his well being.  In that case much respect to the coaches.

10 minutes ago, BigPeterJ said:

Hoping its just a strained Hammy as you say.  Im just surprised he will be out yet another week.  Best case scenario is your right, and he could play, but the coaches are protecting his well being.  In that case much respect to the coaches.

Hamstring injuries are tough to heal from. I also believe Wandale battled hamstring injuries in the spring. He is such a compactly built kid, his muscles have to be wound very tight. That can lead to hamstring issues. 

3 hours ago, BigPeterJ said:

3 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Hamstring injuries are tough to heal from. I also believe Wandale battled hamstring injuries in the spring. He is such a compactly built kid, his muscles have to be wound very tight. That can lead to hamstring issues. 

Yup. I pulled both my hamstrings in track so bad they began to tear. Took 3 and a half months before I could run again. If you feel them twinge and get tight, it's better to not try to tough it out