Wisconsin Post Game Thread

Today's game was frustrating similar as many of our games, but there were a few bright spots.

Positives:

1. Fewer penalties.  The team played a cleaner game than they have most of the season.

2. Except for the final few minutes of the game, the O-line looked much better and opened holes and provided pass protection against a touch defense.  

3.  Dedrick Mills played great and had an extra burst with great vision.

Negatives:

1.  The defense continues to look lost under Chinander.  I realize a couple guys were injured, but every team has injuries.  

2.  Poor play calling in key points of the game. 

3.  Poor clock management on key drives in the second half when we were trying to come back.

4.  Special teams struggled again with missed field goals, allowed a return for a touchdown, and in general with getting deep kick offs.

Mods-Please merge if this topic belongs elsewhere. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 2

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

Glad to see Mills play well. He seems like a kid that doesn’t complain and just shows up to work. 
Happy to see Speilman get into the end zone. 

Truly don’t believe Chin is the man for the job. 

I agree...I would say 90% of Husker Nation does not believe Chin is the right guy, with many feeling that before he came to Lincoln. He has never led a stout defense in his life so there is really no hope that he has what it takes to turn it around.  Perhaps he could be a good position coach, but he is not coordinator material.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 2

I'll add to have the D go and watch pop warner tackling drills...We are not good enough to try and stand the guy up and hope for a teammate to strip the ball while allowing an extra 5-7 per carry.  Quit the shoulder tackling and chest bump tackles..   Break down, shoot and wrap up....

Our O flashed and then faded and then flashed and then faded....

Frost needs to do a much better job of play calling the entire game.  We are not yet good enough (and might never be) to have a bad series or 2 in a game.

I'd contact Urbs in the off season and see how he wins in the B1G.  Maybe look at bringing in a veteran DC to help Chin.

AM is hot or cold.  He is TA without the competitiveness.

Need some RB depth for sure.

Great job on penalties.

Great job getting the ball to several receivers.

Mills was a beast.  Hope we lean on him going forward.  2 back sets with he a Wan'dale will be good.  Can create some mismatches there.

• Plus1 1

I know people are probably upset over the squanded opportunities, and I'm disappointed too, but I saw a grit that I havent seen this year.  I don't think we're going to fix the D if Chin's around, but I saw mprovement in moments of the game. Overall, I though Adrian made better decisions. At times, there were holes to run through.  Except for a few crucial play calls, most were good. We're not a plug and play school anymore. Time to celebrate the small wins and steps towards goodness.

• Plus1 6
2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Glad to see Mills play well. He seems like a kid that doesn’t complain and just shows up to work. 
Happy to see Speilman get into the end zone. 

Truly don’t believe Chin is the man for the job. 

I'm disappointed that Mazour was in on some critical plays in which it should have been Mills.  

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I agree...I would say 90% of Husker Nation does not believe Chin is the right guy, with many feeling that before he came to Lincoln. He has never led a stout defense in his life so there is really no hope that he has what it takes to turn it around.  Perhaps he could be a good position coach, but he is not coordinator material.

You can't speak on behalf of 90% of Husker Nation.

1 minute ago, EngineeringHusker said:

Probably based off the two whole times they were forced to punt...

Welcome new poster.

• Plus1 2

I think today was a good example that it’s not the most disastrous thing in the world to play young guys. They will make mistakes, but talent will find a way to make plays as well.

Mills is a man. Reminds me of Ozigbo last year where it’s not always pretty but he runs hard and that creates havoc.

Just still too many little mistakes from every group.

Good Martinez is very good.

This was a moral victory day for sure. But I won’t be happy if we come back out next week uninspired and lose. Get a win and see if we can spring that into a win against Iowa.

• Plus1 1