Wisconsin Post Game Thread

9 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I agree...I would say 90% of Husker Nation does not believe Chin is the right guy, with many feeling that before he came to Lincoln. He has never led a stout defense in his life so there is really no hope that he has what it takes to turn it around.  Perhaps he could be a good position coach, but he is not coordinator material.

I am not sure how I feel yet, our Defense is lacking in so many areas.  I will say I am interested to see what Chin's D looks like with some playmakers, problem is I don't know if we will be there next year either.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, CAHusker said:

I'm disappointed that Mazour was in on some critical plays in which it should have been Mills.  

Mills was tired after busting off long runs. They weren’t benching Mills for the sake of benching him. Also, Mills got the carry on first and goal from the 5 and then was the lead blocker on Martinez’s run on 2nd down. After that, Frost decided to go with a better receiving threat at RB. That’s where Wandale would have played, if healthy. 

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, TheSker said:

But Chinander!!!

I am still waiting for you to reply to my question in the Gameday thread to provide statistic evidence of Chin running a stout defense as a Defensive Coordinator.  You seem very into defending him anytime he is questioned.  I am simply asking for some statistical data to back that up.  

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 2
1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I am still waiting for you to reply to my question in the Gameday thread to provide statistic evidence of Chin running a stout defense as a Defensive Coordinator.  You seem very into defending him anytime he is questioned.  I am simply asking for some statistical data to back that up.  

13-0

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 5
2 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Good luck

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Mills was tired after busting off long runs. They weren’t benching Mills for the sake of benching him. Also, Mills got the carry on first and goal from the 5 and then was the lead blocker on Martinez’s run on 2nd down. After that, Frost decided to go with a better receiving threat at RB. That’s where Wandale would have played, if healthy. 

I did see that, but the way Mills was running its hard to think there wouldn't have been some way to get him a quick rest.  Timeout maybe, I know thats a little crazy, but Mills was running so hard.  FYI- I am not really debating your response, just didn't like Mazours ability today.  

• Plus1 2

Just now, CAHusker said:

I did see that, but the way Mills was running its hard to think there wouldn't have been some way to get him a quick rest.  Timeout maybe, I know thats a little crazy, but Mills was running so hard.  FYI- I am not really debating your response, just didn't like Mazours ability today.  

Agree that it sucks when Mills had to come out, but with NU down, they can’t afford to burn timeouts to get players rest. It’s just an unfortunate circumstance of the RB depth this year. 

3 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

What, being grouped with Rutgers and Maryland in every major defensive category within the conference isn’t good enough? Allowing 30+ points in 6/7 conference games isn’t gonna cut it?

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

Agree that it sucks when Mills had to come out, but with NU down, they can’t afford to burn timeouts to get players rest. It’s just an unfortunate circumstance of the RB depth this year. 

I wonder where Rhamir is, he looked really quick the times he played, which was forever ago.  Additionally, not having Washington really hurts.

• Thanks 1