Wisconsin Post Game Thread

Today showed me that the offense can be really good, but it is still missing a couple pieces.  The defense is a work in progress.  I am not ready to dump Chins, but honestly there are basically no B1G talent in our front 7.  Not a single guy that can shed a block or make a play on athletic ability.  Couple that with poor tackling and this is what you get.  Our DB's are good enough (other than some tackling issues) but the front 7 is just getting us killed in the trenches.

• Plus1 1

Props to Mills as he ran well and tough.

The OL blocked better at times.

The lack of fundamental tackling was glaring and costly.

We are inept in the red zone.  The field becomes tight and our receivers can’t separate.  The run game also becomes phonebooth tight.

Disappointed in special teams in all phases.

The big news was the Frost extension.  We are more than all in on Frost.  He has shown he will play young players.  As a recruit you have the chance to become a legend returning a blue blood program back to prominence.  Every position on the field has holes and top freshman can grab positions if you are talented and buy into what Frost wants.  Watch the recruiting game.  This will tell where we are headed.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, ttkpga said:

Today showed me that the offense can be really good, but it is still missing a couple pieces.  The defense is a work in progress.  I am not ready to dump Chins, but honestly there are basically no B1G talent in our front 7.  Not a single guy that can shed a block or make a play on athletic ability.  Couple that with poor tackling and this is what you get.  Our DB's are good enough (other than some tackling issues) but the front 7 is just getting us killed in the trenches.

Because Minnesota, Indiana, Purdue, Colorado all recruit better than us. 

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

NU could score 50 points and the D would give up 51.

Right now...I agree.

A program needs to play complimentary football to win games. Nebraska's offense and defense simply have not done that.

Yes, having better talent certainly will help in the future, but having a coordinator that can adjust his scheme in-season to fit what his current players can do is an asset. Chinander simply hasn't shown the ability to do that as of yet.

I don't think Chinander is a terrible coach, I think he may be in over his head right now....Peter Principle or something. We're outguessed in every game and I don't think that 3-4 is anything to write home about either. Seems their mastodon blockers are ALWAYS at the 2nd level....our LBs are almost always trying to make the tackle after a 3-5 yard gain.