Wisconsin Post Game Thread

1 minute ago, Treand3 said:

Chryst seemed relieved they won despite our foolerey

I thought Wisconsin didn’t play well. I have a buddy that’s a Wisconsin fan that thought they played terrible and the play calls were so vanilla and they still sleepwalked to 320 rushing yards and 35+ points. My guess Chryst message was “we play like that against a good team like Minnesota and we lose”.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, The Duke said:

Right now...I agree.

A program needs to play complimentary football to win games. Nebraska's offense and defense simply have not done that.

Yes, having better talent certainly will help in the future, but having a coordinator that can adjust his scheme in-season to fit what his current players can do is an asset. Chinander simply hasn't shown the ability to do that as of yet.

It’s not an asset, it’s his JOB.  As a coach, and god knows how many thousands have had to do it and have, you can instill your principles and theories of defense but at times you tweak some things to adjust to your roster to, most importantly, PUT SAID PLAYERS IN THE BEST POSITION TO SUCCEED/WIN.  

examples of failure, staying in a base defense allowing an opponent abuse a WR vs LB matchup all quarter including the game winning drive.  Oh but the same thing happened before in the year allowing a team to comeback, force OT and win.  Letting a walkon QB, who hadn’t taken a snap, enjoy all day in the pocket looking at a 3 man rush(again staying in base personel) and pick you apart down the field to win the game.  Minny game and today, just continuing to allow them to gash you going against the same look play after play.

• Plus1 1
57 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I agree...I would say 90% of Husker Nation does not believe Chin is the right guy, with many feeling that before he came to Lincoln. He has never led a stout defense in his life so there is really no hope that he has what it takes to turn it around.  Perhaps he could be a good position coach, but he is not coordinator material.

53 minutes ago, TheSker said:

You can't speak on behalf of 90% of Husker Nation.

Maybe he meant 90% of @HuskerNation1 does not believe Chins is the right guy, thus displaying he doesn't even know what he's talking about.:lol:

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

Glad to see Mills play well. He seems like a kid that doesn’t complain and just shows up to work. 
Happy to see Speilman get into the end zone. 

Truly don’t believe Chin is the man for the job. 

agree. however i will say that it's extremely unlikely that he has anywhere near the game he had if wandale was healthy.

that's not a shot at either player, but at nebraska's player management.

13 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Chryst realizes that offenses like Ohio State and Nebraska give his defense the most trouble. Even Minnesota has done well against Wisconsin with their talent at WR. 

Its why Nebraska has to fix the defense somehow and I think we may actually get one from them. 

12 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I thought Wisconsin didn’t play well. I have a buddy that’s a Wisconsin fan that thought they played terrible and the play calls were so vanilla and they still sleepwalked to 320 rushing yards and 35+ points. My guess Chryst message was “we play like that against a good team like Minnesota and we lose”.

We played worse though

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I doubt we presented enough of a challenge for them to get excited about.  The novelty of blowing out Nebraska wore out a few years ago.  It was just another game they had to play. 

2 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

I doubt we presented enough of a challenge for them to get excited about.  The novelty of blowing out Nebraska wore out a few years ago.  It was just another game they had to play. 

Yep which makes us thumping our chest about this being a moral victory super sad to me. Wisconsin didn’t care and walked to a victory but man we got close once or twice!!!!

42 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I think how bad our defense is effects his play calling. Knowing you need 35+ points and you can’t kick the ball puts extreme pressure on the offense. They need to be elite just to give us a shot at winning.

It's a two way street... Think about how many three and outs or turnovers the offense has put up this season. Add in up tempo play calling to get to punt quicker and it's a bad recipe. I remember reading that through four games, our defense had been on the field something like 80 more plays than Iowa's defense had been through their first four games. In essence, our defense had already played an extra game than an average Big Ten team one month into the season. That 80 extra hits, tackles, twists and turns. It's not a surprise that we're getting more injuries and bumps with that kind of wear and tear.