Wisconsin Post Game Thread

9 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

It's a two way street... Think about how many three and outs or turnovers the offense has put up this season. Add in up tempo play calling to get to punt quicker and it's a bad recipe. I remember reading that through four games, our defense had been on the field something like 80 more plays than Iowa's defense had been through their first four games. In essence, our defense had already played an extra game than an average Big Ten team one month into the season. That 80 extra hits, tackles, twists and turns. It's not a surprise that we're getting more injuries and bumps with that kind of wear and tear. 

I agree with that too. We put extra pressure on the defense. But they fold like a cheap suit and I don’t see that changing. Just the whole defense mindset of we’re gonna give up a lot of yards and some points but we’re gonna create turnovers, pisses me off. I’d rather have a DC who subscribed to the school of thought of I don’t give a s#!t how quick our offense moves. Our defense will dictate everything while we’re on the field. A defense shouldn’t never be an accessory to the offense. 

• Fire 2

If you watched this game and didn't see improvement it's because you're happy being mad.

They know they got lucky to get out of here with a win. Our stats were nearly identical, but our young team made more mistakes than theirs. 

21 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Yep which makes us thumping our chest about this being a moral victory super sad to me. Wisconsin didn’t care and walked to a victory but man we got close once or twice!!!!

• Plus1 3
5 minutes ago, lo country said:

IIRC, Minnie let their DC go last year.  It was either midway or at the end.......And this year they are 9-1.....This year they are 15th in total D and tied for #2 for INT's....tied #7 for defensive TD's...#52 in 3rd down conversion.  Not bad for a promoted DL coach with one year in the staff with Fleck.

It's Fleck's third year. The guys he recruited dominate the roster.

The dude Fleck fired also didn't take a horrible defense and turn it around in two years like Chinander.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I’d rather have a DC who subscribed to the school of thought of I don’t give a s#!t how quick our offense moves. Our defense will dictate everything while we’re on the field. A defense shouldn’t never be an accessory to the offense. 

I agree but I don't think I can point directly at the DC as him not thinking that. Seems that it should be more on the players need to have that fire themselves. 

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

If you watched this game and didn't see improvement it's because you're happy being mad.

They know they got lucky to get out of here with a win. Our stats were nearly identical, but our young team made more mistakes than theirs. 

They had a double digit lead for the last 35+ minutes of the game. That’s wasn’t luck. And I did see improvement on the oline and enough on the offense as a whole. Still as long as we let the opposing offense dictate the game - were gonna lose. 320+ rushing yards is all you need to know.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, knapplc said:

It's Fleck's third year. The guys he recruited dominate the roster.

The dude Fleck fired also didn't take a horrible defense and turn it around in two years like Chinander.

It is his Fleck's 3rd year.  His DC's first.  

I might be missing something, but are you saying Chin has turned our D around?

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

They had a double digit lead for the last 35+ minutes of the game. That’s wasn’t luck. And I did see improvement on the oline and enough on the offense as a whole. Still as long as we let the opposing offense dictate the game - were gonna lose. 320+ rushing yards is all you need to know.

How will firing Chinander fix those rushing totals? 

How many of those yards came in the second half when we were emptying the bench?

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

Chin hasn't turned the defense around.

Yet. But by demanding we fire him you're saying he won't, or can't, when he's shown before he can, and has.

Plus he did it at UCF with a roster that had pro level talent, whereas there isn't a guy in our front seven who's going to get drafted.

4 minutes ago, lo country said:

It is his Fleck's 3rd year.  His DC's first.  

I might be missing something, but are you saying Chin has turned our D around?

See Chinander's resume from his UCF days.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Yet. But by demanding we fire him you're saying he won't, or can't, when he's shown before he can, and has.

Plus he did it at UCF with a roster that had pro level talent, whereas there isn't a guy in our front seven who's going to get drafted.

His defense at ucf forced a lot of turnovers but gave up a lot of yards and points. I dont believe that expecting to win games 40-35 is a good idea in the big ten. There's going to be several games a year where nebraska runs into defenses that are some of the nations best and Nebraska's offense wont be able to bail chin out.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2
1 hour ago, TheSker said:

Based on our offensive inefficiency in the red zone?

Like when they were shifting and motioning every 4 plays and running the jet sweep to our out flanked edge. 

Could call the play every time and Chin couldn’t stop it. They motioned us out of balanced look and ran the jet sweep. He had no answer. 

• Fire 1

I literally post stats weekly about Chinander improving every defense he has been a DC for but people like to ignore facts. This game didn't move the needle much on this season, still better defensively than last year in almost every category

Not to say Chinander is the ultimate answer, but find me an example of a team firing their DC in year 2 when their defense is better than the year before which is better than the year prior to that. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2