Wisconsin Post Game Thread

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

And we lost by 16

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Before today, only one team had put up more than 315 yards against Wisconsin's defense

Ohio State had 431

Nebraska had 493

Without two of our best offensive players and a QB who isn't 100%

Too bad you don’t win by getting the most yards.  

• Plus1 4

4 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

We're in the same position as Michigan State at 4-6 who just got beat worse by Michigan who is 8-2, same as Wisconsin.

True we are 6th in the West and MSU is 5th in the East and they have 2 of their easiest games left.  MSU has played a pretty tough schedule against OSU, PSU, Michigan and Wisconsin.  They have Rutgers and Maryland left so I think they have a better chance of getting to six wins than we do.

1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

I literally post stats weekly about Chinander improving every defense he has been a DC for but people like to ignore facts. This game didn't move the needle much on this season, still better defensively than last year in almost every category

Let’s Check the defensive stats. 12th in B1G in scoring defense. 12th in the B1G in total defense. 12th in the B1G rush defense. 9th in the B1G in pass defense. 12th in the B1G in 1st downs allowed. 12th in the B1G in 3rd down conversions. 14th in the B1G in red zone scoring. People aren’t ignoring the stats, they’re ignoring your stats because slightly better than a turd sandwich is still a turd f#&%ing sandwich.

• Plus1 6
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
53 minutes ago, lo country said:

I was extremely frustrated by the 21 yard sack.....He flashed like freshman AM and then played a lot like AM 2.0.  I wish the staff would simplify his reads in the passing game.  Just read 1-2 and then go....I wish he'd play pi$$ed.  

He sucks at finding the open receivers on time. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, TheSker said:

We're one fix away on defense too.

New linebackers.

This got a lot of reactions, but I’m genuinely curious why no one asks if the LB coaches are any good at coaching? Ruud is a Husker legend and nobody questions his knowledge, but isn’t this his first experience as an assistant coach? How has their recruiting been so far? Do we have better linebackers in the pipeline?

• Plus1 3

50 minutes ago, knapplc said:

People wanted to fire McBride as late as 1993. Now he's a legend and people want his defenses back, and think of them when they talk about the Blackshirt tradition.

But hey, they gave up a ton of garbage yards at UCF when Frost's offense was up by 70... and stuff. 

Hmm...I think Shatel just wrote a column talking about McBride.  The big difference is McBride had been DC for 13 years in 1993 and led Nebraska to some pretty impressive seasons. In 1993 Nebraska went 11-1 and never gave up more than 28 points in a game.  Chin's team is giving up an average of 30 points a game.  Not a great comparison...

• Plus1 2

There are no moral victories any more. I am sorry but moving the ball up and down the field and getting NOTHING out of it is not a sign of progress. We fired Bo after having four 9 win seasons because we wanted something better. Since then, we have struggled to make a bowl and this year will be our fourth year without a bowl. So, forgive me if I don’t see much positive after today’s outing. Being happy that we did not lose by a lot to a Wisconsin team that humiliated us since 2012 is not a moral victory...it is SAD

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Mavric said:

Yep. Frost is no doubt really hitting his stride with drawing up game plans for specific games. Didn't really work out with Minnesota, but it did against Indiana. Came out looking totally different. And believe it or not, Indiana has the #23 total defense in the country.

1 minute ago, Undone said:

Yep. Frost is no doubt really hitting his stride with drawing up game plans for specific games. Didn't really work out with Minnesota, but it did against Indiana. Came out looking totally different. And believe it or not, Indiana has the #23 total defense in the country.

Like Frost pretty much said in the postgame, giving up 30+ points a game don't cut it. Expect a lot of emphasis on the defense. We have to bring more pressure, get more tackles for loss, and get more pass breakups from tighter coverage without mauling.

8 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Like Frost pretty much said in the postgame, giving up 30+ points a game don't cut it. Expect a lot of emphasis on the defense. We have to bring more pressure, get more tackles for loss, and get more pass breakups from tighter coverage without mauling.

I was solely referring to Frost's offensive preparation, but everything you said is true. This defense sucks out loud.