Wisconsin Post Game Thread

1 hour ago, Lightfighter214 said:

And according to 24/7 in 2018 held was our top recruiter coming in at #50 in the country,  and held is currently #40 in the 2019 cycle. Barret ruud is our second best at #70.

How many years do you need to know you dont have the best recruiters? Frost talked about not having players like chase young, well he doesn't have the coachea that can compete with recruiting players like chase young.

If you are going to be ignorant about a topic its best not speak on it at all. This staff is recruiting better than any coach we have had since Osborne 

• Plus1 1

7 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

Good coaches are able to show their worth in one year. Chin and Dewitt have had two years and have shown a decline rather than an improvement. If we don’t make a bowl, Frost MUST make some tough decisions and do something to ensure next year will not be another disaster.

To the bolded, false. To the italicised, false. And to the underlined, also false.

• Plus1 5

Before Matt Campbell arrived at Iowa State, they had 3 seasons in a row of 2 to 3 wins.  Campbell's 1st season they had 3 wins.  In Years 2-4, they will be going to a bowl game 3 years in a row.  Iowa State doesn't remotely have the same talent level as Nebraska, but is able to coach up their players.   Nebraska will likely never get top 10 recruiting classes again.  At some point, these coaches are actually going to have to get more out of the players they do have.  Make the number of stars behind your talents' names mean less in a good way.

8 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

Why do people automatically think that getting a defensive coordinator that knows how to coach is impossible?!

keeping Chin because we wanted consistency in our staff is plain stupid. If Frost wants to keep him because he sees something that we don’t, I can understand but wanting to keep a coach not to disrupt the consistency knowing very well that they are not the right person for the job is not a smart move no matter who you are.

i have no doubt in my mind that Frost is the right person for Nebraska. I feel that in my bones. However, I simply don’t believe that Dewitt or Chin are right for us or for the BIG. They can be given ten years and they are not magically going to become good coaches. Good coaches are able to show their worth in one year. Chin and Dewitt have had two years and have shown a decline rather than an improvement. Thinking that next year they will get their acts together is simply foolish. This year was one of the easiest seasons we have had in a while and next year will not be any better. If we don’t make a bowl, Frost MUST make some tough decisions and do something to ensure next year will not be another disaster.

We cannot afford to go back to square one and throw off any development that is happening in a position group. This trigger happy mentality is what got us here. Time and patience and a recognition of where we were/are. It is not time to can people.

Did anyone really think we would slow down their running game, :lol:

I wasn't a Chin supporter from the get go, but I was willing to wait two or three years, for him to settle in. Missing two D line starters, didn't help. He still needs some more players to see if he is the guy or not.

Thought this was the best the team has looked all year, against any team with a pulse. Without three BIG mistakes, maybe we pull the upset.

At least now there's hope over the next two games, if they play like yesterday, and don't shoot themselves in the foot. I know big IF.

GBR!!!

18 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

Ok give me the facts then boss

By what metric was Bo better? This class isn't finished yet but first 2 classes

Bo year 1 40th class .867 average rating

Bo year 2 26th class .873 average rating

Frost year 1 23rd class .877 average 

Frost year 2 18th class .885 average

Bo never recruiting a class with an average as high as .885 which is where we are again this season.

Edit: the numbers I posted were actually year 2 and 3 under Bo. Year 1 was 24th .841 average.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

By what metric was Bo better? This class isn't finished yet but first 2 classes

Bo year 1 40th class .867 average rating

Bo year 2 26th class .873 average rating

Frost year 1 23rd class .877 average 

Frost year 2 18th class .885 average

Bo never recruiting a class with an average as high as .885 which is where we are again this season.

I don't follow the recruiting board, but as @Lightfighter214 posted above, if our best recruiter is #40 and the 2nd best is #70 how does that rank with the rest of the B1G schools or top programs in the country. As Moos said, we need to be in the HS's where Bama and Clemson are.  Where does their staff rank?

I'm concerned that kids look at two back to back 4-8 seasons(hope to go 6-6 this year)  with Frost and get gun shy.  I would think the farther we fall from good the harder it will be.  We are almost dead last on the West and looking like a bottom feeder in the B1G.  Like a writer said, kids don't go to Bama and Clemson for the facilities, they go to win......And we are not winning yet.

Just now, lo country said:

I don't follow the recruiting board, but as @Lightfighter214 posted above, if our best recruiter is #40 and the 2nd best is #70 how does that rank with the rest of the B1G schools or top programs in the country. As Moos said, we need to be in the HS's where Bama and Clemson are.  Where does their staff rank?

I'm concerned that kids look at two back to back 4-8 seasons(hope to go 6-6 this year)  with Frost and get gun shy.  I would think the farther we fall from good the harder it will be.  We are almost dead last on the West and looking like a bottom feeder in the B1G.  Like a writer said, kids don't go to Bama and Clemson for the facilities, they go to win......And we are not winning yet.

I don't give a s#!t how 247 ranks our coaches as recruiters. That is the most cherry picked data I can think of. Look at the incoming talent, thats all you need to do.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

I don't give a s#!t how 247 ranks our coaches as recruiters. That is the most cherry picked data I can think of. Look at the incoming talent, thats all you need to do.

I look at the talent on the field he's brought in, you got maybe 2 guys on the field that could hold there own on Bos teams. A safety and a hybrid running back.  You keep worrying about your 100ths points of a ranking. I'll actually watch the football. 

2 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

I look at the talent on the field he's brought in, you got maybe 2 guys on the field that could hold there own on Bos teams. A safety and a hybrid running back.  You keep worrying about your 100ths points of a ranking. I'll actually watch the football. 

That is hilarious. How many of Bos recruits were on the field in 2009?

2 hours ago, Lightfighter214 said:

And according to 24/7 in 2018 held was our top recruiter coming in at #50 in the country,  and held is currently #40 in the 2019 cycle. Barret ruud is our second best at #70.

How many years do you need to know you dont have the best recruiters? Frost talked about not having players like chase young, well he doesn't have the coachea that can compete with recruiting players like chase young.

Just making things up now?

Held was #40 in 2018.  He was half-time on the job for less than three weeks before the vast majority of recruits signed.  So you picked a year when he had almost no time to actually recruit and still slighted him. 

Good work.  Very objective.

And he's currently #27, not #40.  Just keep pulling numbers out of thin air.

• Plus1 7