Wisconsin Post Game Thread

3 minutes ago, Toe said:

4 hours ago, Undone said:

Yep. If I have the numbers correct, I'm pretty sure four linebackers left the program from the 2017 class. Obviously the damage that low depth has on your situation is a big deal.

Good, you understand that part. Now go look at the recruiting board and check out how many juco linebackers the staff has sent offered lately to try and fill that hole.

1 hour ago, Undone said:

Defense has been much more of a letdown, for sure.

The D was 88th in scoring defense last year and is 84th this year, but the O has plummeted from 58th scoring offense to 87th. You need to lay off the crackpipe if you honestly think the defense has been the bigger letdown this year.

You're internet tough, Toe. Good for you.

We've had enough critical injuries on offense through multiple stretches this season where I'm not going to say I actually expected that many more points on the board in some of those games. Washington getting kicked off the team hurt the Purdue game greatly.

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, Undone said:

The whole situation with Washington is a pretty big blow to the turnaround process.

First off, he didn't seem to be following his meal plan program nor weightlifting to the extent he should have in the offseason. He really needed to gain some weight to be more durable in the B1G.

Then he gets kicked off the team.

Not only are we missing his production on the field, but Mo's suspension has caused numerous questions to handling of the RB's, including Rahmir Johnson's playing time and the decision to preserve his redshirt.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Not only are we missing his production on the field, but Mo's suspension has caused numerous questions to handling of the RB's, including Rahmir Johnson's playing time and the decision to preserve his redshirt.

I think playing Rahmir in a couple of those games was a mental lapse by the staff probably, but in their defense it was probably done because they were trying their hardest to win games. 

I actually will be very happy if we preserve his redshirt. I just wish he would have played in the last four games since after it all shook out, Washington left the team.

• Plus1 2
24 minutes ago, Toe said:

The D was 88th in scoring defense last year and is 84th this year, but the O has plummeted from 58th scoring offense to 87th. You need to lay off the crackpipe if you honestly think the defense has been the bigger letdown this year.

Team rankings has us at 78th nationally for scoring offense. We’re 126th nationally in FG%, with a competent kicking game my guess is we’re top 60 nationally in scoring offense. My hunch is Frost learned the importance of having more than 1 serviceable kicker on the roster. 

30 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Agreed, he would have been very useful the past month. His situation has contributed to the point of the offense being a letdown this season.

This is such an odd situation.  Crazier is that he must still be in school.  You would have thought he would just drop out and move on by now.

1 minute ago, TheSker said:

We need more than one serviceable a lot of things on the roster.

In fact, we need our first serviceable pass rusher.

Oh I’m with you. Part of the reason I’m more optimistic with the offense is the pieces and the track record. I can see the path to having a top tier offense. But you hit it on the nose - defense needs to find a pass rush among a lot of other things to become a top 50 unit. Defense also doesn’t come with near the history of success to point to as a blueprint. Hard for me to see the path to this defense becoming what we need it to be. God knows I’ve been wrong before.

24 minutes ago, Undone said:

I think playing Rahmir in a couple of those games was a mental lapse by the staff probably, but in their defense it was probably done because they were trying their hardest to win games. 

I actually will be very happy if we preserve his redshirt. I just wish he would have played in the last four games since after it all shook out, Washington left the team.

I am happy with his redshirt being preserved, but part of me thinks that if the staff knew that Mo's situation would play out like it has, I think they would have chosen Rahmir to play this year.  This year has just been so wonky with situations that have occurred which we didn't think would happen at the beginning of the year.

• Plus1 1
40 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Agreed, he would have been very useful the past month. His situation has contributed to the point of the offense being a letdown this season.

1 minute ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

No doubt an odd situation. Makes me wonder whether he is planning to transfer or trying to get his personal life in order. That dragging legal case is not helping in any regard either.

I am hoping he gets his s#!t together and comes back focused and hungry.  I'm not holding my breath, but I am rooting for him.

• Fire 1

4 hours ago, TheSker said:

Who defends Chinander "at all costs"?

Let me answer that for you.  Not a single poster.

A big defender of Riley?  Me?

Your accuracy just went to zero.

Perhaps someone had a similar name...but at the time when he was the coach I thought you were a big supporter of his. My bad if I mistaked you for someone else who attacked anyone that was critical of Riley and his staff.  As I said before, players certainly need to be accountable, but I hold the staff to a higher level of accountability since they are grown men being paid a lot of money.

18 hours ago, Mavric said:

Apparently I'm not following you.  Your first post says some people have been calling some of the players "untalented" and that the "weren't P5 players".  I said I haven't seen anyone say that.  Then you talk about people singing their praises.  

I guess I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Mav your a smart guy and you’re not dense.  I know your reading comprehension is above a third grade level as well.  As it clearly said in my posts the players people are calling out(ie Mo, the twins) this year, were being hyped and had people excited at the end of last year.  It also goes hand in hand with Frost claiming the end of last year success to guys buying in finally and then posters and coaches are claiming there isn’t buy in this year.  

i know you don’t need a fourth grader to draw you a picture 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, TheSker said:

We need more than one serviceable a lot of things on the roster.

In fact, we need our first serviceable pass rusher.

Can't disagree with a thing....Any D would look much better with a serviceable pass rusher.  And I am with you.  Doesn't even have to be great or all B1G....just serviceable and the D looks much better.