Wisconsin Post Game Thread

9 hours ago, Undone said:

We've had enough critical injuries on offense through multiple stretches this season where I'm not going to say I actually expected that many more points on the board in some of those games. Washington getting kicked off the team hurt the Purdue game greatly.

OK? And how about the other 2/3 of the season? Did you miss, say, the part where the offense was struggling against freaking South Alabama or something? I'm pretty sure we had Washington and no major injuries on offense that game.

6 hours ago, Toe said:

OK? And how about the other 2/3 of the season? Did you miss, say, the part where the offense was struggling against freaking South Alabama or something? I'm pretty sure we had Washington and no major injuries on offense that game.

Against So. Alabama, Washington didn’t play the first half, there were 2 or 3 new starters on the o-line (including a center who was having very poor snaps), Mills was trying to figure out how to run in this offense and Frost was figuring out how to best use him, Wandale wasn’t a major contributor to the offense in his first game in college, there was one receiver (JD) returning who was a factor in the offense last year, and the offense didn’t have the ball for a large portion of the 3rd quarter. Yes, the offense didn’t play all that well, but looking back on it there were reasons why.

I have gone into other details why it’s not surprising the offense has struggled at times this year. It’s been a frustrating year, and the offense has been part of it, but the offense has shown me that in the big picture of things, it’s not the problem. IMO, the defense needs to be fixed to turn around this program, so that’s why that phase struggling so much is a bigger disappointment.  

• Plus1 3
10 hours ago, Toe said:

Washington was being disciplined and came in at half time. But it was a pathetically bad showing on offense.

Feel like our defense lost us the game against Colorado, Indiana, Purdue, and Wisconsin. In the Purdue game we could have had better offensive red zone effort and I expected more there. But not stopping the run and then being ineffective at even just "sort of hurrying" the other team's QB has been a really bad level. 

I didn't really expect to average 40 points a game on offense or anything like that with Ozigbo, Morgan, Farmer, & Foster graduating. Defense has been more of a letdown for me this season but I can see why people would go with the offense.