Positive Thoughts

WVhuskerXX

2 minutes ago, WVhuskerXX said:

We can win out. Yes, there were mistakes today. But there were a lot of positives to take as well.

Excited to see Ty get in the game and play well for being a true freshman NT.

OLine played the best game of the year. A few of the sacks weren’t on them. 

Get the two wins. Go to a bowl. Recruit your a$$ off. 

O-line played very well, and Frost had a good game plan in the run game. Good down field coverage can create a lot of sacks.  Of the 4 sacks today, I think 1 was clearly on the o-line, one was a bad decision by Martinez, and the other 2 were combination of coverage and pressure. 

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Exactly the problem.  They need to want to win.  They can win, but they won't.

I don't know.  They showed more fight today than they have in awhile.  Let's hope Frost can play some of the younger, hungrier guys and that Wan'dale is back and healthy.  If Martinez can be convinced he's a dual threat more than a dropback qb then I think we have a puncher's chance.  When he decides to run more often, especially on the zone read, the offense really opens up.  The defense...now I'm not so optimistic. 

• Plus1 3

2 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

The defense...now I'm not so optimistic. 

Defense is the most lacking when a team isn't committed.  Offense is fun.  You get to make plays, score TD's and have the crowd cheer for you.  Maybe that blitzing LB might be unappealing to block.  Defense is different.  You have to want to shed blocks and throw your body in front of a WR or heaven forbid a RB to make a tackle.  My gosh, you might get hurt.