History repeats itself

10 hours ago, Nebhawk said:

Recruiting a 5 star player is one thing.  Getting them to buy into what your doing is another.  We do have talent gaps in this program.  Bo could not compete against Wisky, Ohio St and Michigan.  Those games show you the talent gap.  

Bo was 1-3 against whisky, 2-1 against Michigan and 1-1 against Ohio State. This after having freshly moved into the B1G. Hard to understand the couldn’t compete statement. 

• Plus1 1
15 hours ago, Hagg said:

I know I know, it's an ancient thread here.  But.  Wow.  Re-living that .. how the 7 - 7 season felt HORRIBLE, and demeaning to the state of Nebraska itself, let alone the football program. 

First shaky feeling about Nebraska football in that generation, and the following year went exemplary:  9 - 3.  And the Head Coach was released!

The talk about Scott Frost "maybe" remaining HC here if he makes 6 - 6 in his 5th season underlines how far we've fallen.  Okay we all know that, but do we know anything that can give us hope that Mr. Frost can be even half as good a coach as Mr. Solich was?  Can he even perennially attract the caliber of recruits?  O and D? 

I never expected the offensive line to be anywhere near this bad under Frost.  When he was hired I figured if there's any coach who understands the importance of the pipeline and a strong running game as the main identity of the offense, it would be him.  Boy was I wrong!

Being way too loyal to his defensive coordinator buddy didn't surprise me.  That was kind of a disappointing hire from day one.  There was some glimmer of hope the defense was moving in the right direction last year, but the rug was pulled out very quickly this year.

• Plus1 2
17 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I never expected the offensive line to be anywhere near this bad under Frost.  When he was hired I figured if there's any coach who understands the importance of the pipeline and a strong running game as the main identity of the offense, it would be him.  Boy was I wrong!

Being way too loyal to his defensive coordinator buddy didn't surprise me.  That was kind of a disappointing hire from day one.  There was some glimmer of hope the defense was moving in the right direction last year, but the rug was pulled out very quickly this year.

Still not sure that this defense, is as bad as it seems. Lets wait till after the Okl game, to decide. 

GBR!!!

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

^^100% agree.  That closeness in friendship with any co-ordinator can be dangerous;  when we see what Chinander has NOT accomplished we come closer to understanding Husker football failings under Frost. 

The "but look what Frost inherited" mantra died down the third year.  Fourth year it was not even a whisper. 

And the O-line.. what happened?  I think it's Frost's inability to develop players.  He seems to just emplace them and then blame them when we lose.  That is not a coach of caliber we need.