Nice job Offensive Line

BoNeyard

2 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

I am going to take a moment to give a positive shout out to the offensive line. A unit I have been extremely hard on for years showed up vs a tough opponent in Wisconsin and did a great job. They not only held their own for most of the game, they at times got really good pushes against a stout Wisconsin defense.

Since I am at it, also nice to see Jurgens snaps have improved since his consistent high snaps.

Yes I could have posted this somewhere in other threads, but felt this is such a big unit and a core unit for any program and team trying to get better and they have been so unimpressive over the years, that I think it takes it's own thread to give these guys major applause for doing great vs one of the better defenses in the Big Ten.                                       

Agree!  

7 hours ago, BoNeyard said:

I am going to take a moment to give a positive shout out to the offensive line.                                     

This bodes well for the future.  It all starts up front.  On both sides of the ball.  We have guys coming off redshirt next year, and incoming recruits as well, who will help out in the future.  That might be the best thing Scott Frost is doing that Riley let slip: recruiting the big guys.  

• Plus1 3

The O-line has had their share of struggles both years but they do improve significantly  over the course of the season. To me that is a sign of a good coaching. I think next year with everyone back and Benhart hopefully ready to move Farniok to guard we transition from bad lines that becomes OK to OK line that becomes good.  In 2021 the  massive '19 class will be RS-sophs and ready to really contribute.

• Plus1 4
1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

I noticed some pretty solid blocking on the outside by the WR's too on Saturday.  Keep on blocking guys, keep on... :thumbs

I know it's just one play but Frost is so good at drawing up plays for the opponent he's playing. This looks like it's not a generic inside zone but a play designed to cross to the short side 'B' gap. Wisconsin's two backers that stayed home bit to the strong side, our guys blocked well, and you really can't do it any better than that!

• Plus1 2