What if we lose to Maryland?

2 minutes ago, UniversalMartin said:

Which does not bode well for a positive performance against Maryland 

Maryland didn't put up much of a fight against OSU so they may have thrown in the towel.  It will probably be a comically poorly played game with each team alternating between thinking they might win to thinking it will require too much effort.  Eventually someone will win but it won't feel like a win.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, April Wine said:

Here is what I hope whether we beat Maryland and iowa or not.  I hope Frost doesn't go around the country professing how good we are gonna be(what he said on gameday is only his 2nd most embarrassing moment, topped only by the day he was hired when he professed the b10 will have to adjust to him).  I also hope that whatever the media says in the off season about how good we might be that fans not believe it(myself included)  I hope Frost can just keep his mouth shut and concentrate on his football team. Don't want to hear about the best week of practice ever week after week after week and get outcoached by Bethune cookman or Colorado this year.  We as fans are not dumbasses that believe everything that comes out of his mouth..don't lie to us.    Lets move on to next year and hope it is somewhat better.

Yeah....I would hate for Frost to go around the country telling recruits how good he thinks we can be. 

That would just be horrible.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 4

On 11/17/2019 at 6:15 PM, Thurston from Pender said:

What if we lose to Maryland?

For one thing we'll have the longest losing streak in the Big Ten at five games.  (Unless Sparty craps the bed against Rutgers.) 

17 hours ago, April Wine said:

get outcoached by Bethune cookman

WAIT! We got outcoached this year by a team we beat last year and haven't played in 2019? HOLY COW THAT'S NOT GOOD!

14 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

I really think there should be some oversight on new threads. The ‘what if’ threads are getting old.

What if we never lose again? Would that be getting old? :)

• Plus1 1

On 11/18/2019 at 5:38 PM, April Wine said:

Here is what I hope whether we beat Maryland and iowa or not.  I hope Frost doesn't go around the country professing how good we are gonna be(what he said on gameday is only his 2nd most embarrassing moment, topped only by the day he was hired when he professed the b10 will have to adjust to him).  I also hope that whatever the media says in the off season about how good we might be that fans not believe it(myself included)  I hope Frost can just keep his mouth shut and concentrate on his football team. Don't want to hear about the best week of practice ever week after week after week and get outcoached by Bethune cookman or Colorado this year.  We as fans are not dumbasses that believe everything that comes out of his mouth..don't lie to us.    Lets move on to next year and hope it is somewhat better.

OK but just be warned that when Frost does get us "that good" again and the Big 10 IS having to adjust to us ,I am going to quote your crap right here and you are going to have to eat it.

1 hour ago, dvdcrr said:

OK but just be warned that when Frost does get us "that good" again and the Big 10 IS having to adjust to us ,I am going to quote your crap right here and you are going to have to eat it.

Jsut wondering what everyone's take on " That good again" means now,  year 2019?  Expectations should be what going forward?  9-10 wins?  West division titles?

My take is consistent 9 wins, 10-11 wins and win the west every 2-3 years, playing for the Big 10 title.  Is that what were hoping for or more?

Just looking ahead at our next few seasons and how the schedule looks, I am thinking that 2021, 2022 and 2023 look like pretty favorable years for us to make our move.  2021 not as much as the other two, but if we are getting the recruits we need, and developing them the way we should be, our time is coming soon, just not tomorrow.

I think the new definition of being there would be having a realistic shot at the West title.  Fans like myself should hope for the team to be in true solid contention for second or third place each year, and a shot at first place every few years.  We shouldn't act like the Huskers should be in contention for first place every year yet (see 15, 17, 18, 19). Second or third would be a welcome improvement to look forward to.