Frost 2-year extension

Mavric

17 minutes ago, lo country said:

I think it's a strategic move.  We are looking at possibly 3 losing seasons of going 4-8, with continued blow outs....I think this is more to solidify the recruits we have and insure them that they will be recruited by and playing for Frost.  Doesn't look like it involved any financial changes.....

Recruits don't care much about 7 years vs 4 years, which is the standard.  This is about showing support, which I understand. 

There probably trying to get out in front of the negativity which is likely to result from the "game" today. It's going to be completely non-competitive.

The biggest question of this game is what quarter will Nebraska appear to give up? 

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Recruits don't care much about 7 years vs 4 years, which is the standard.  This is about showing support, which I understand. 

There probably trying to get out in front of the negativity which is likely to result from the "game" today. It's going to be completely non-competitive.

The biggest question of this game is what quarter will Nebraska appear to give up? 

With all of Frost's comments about not buying in/culture/whatever terminology, I am unsure if we even show up as a team in the 1st....

Lots of reasons offered for this contract extension being tendered to Scott Frost.  They all sound plausible. 

Whatever the reason(s) in the mind of Moos, it's an expensive endeavor.  Expensive coach even if he didn't get the extension.

I didn't want to see this until he uncorked a season of at the least six wins.  But, what do I know;  I'm just a (grieving) fan. 

• Fire 1

Somewhat surprised about this but it's a safe move.  Once Frost gets his own guys in there then we will see what kind of coach we truly have.  I'm wondering when he will finally have the balls to start replacing coaches..  but again maybe we have to wait until we get better players to see where this entire coaching staff stands.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Other than Coach Frost, this extension best serves those who rule Husker football from their offices. Instead of catching heat from frustrated Husker fans for the next year or two, now the guys in those offices won’t be getting those calls. No point in complaining. Everybody knows what the deal is and that no major changes will be forthcoming.

What still needs to be determined is whether Frost can...

Get “his” type of players to play in Lincoln...
Get everybody on the same page and become a cohesive and purposeful team...
Dial back on his shows of visible or verbal frustration...
Get his team to play with some confidence and some show of enjoying it...
And whether Husker fans can dig down deep and find some more patience to let things develop.