Frost 2-year extension

Mavric

13 hours ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

Anyone else would be on the hot seat right now, Frost will be if he has a 3rd losing season in a row

I don't know about that.. it is a thought, of course.  But Moos made his "get us six wins" remarks at the beginning of the season, then walked it back as the losses piled up.  His new spiel became about how much time this is going to take rebuilding the program;  which indeed is what he said about the timing of this contract extension.  He said he was going to do it anyway, but doing it now would be a statement as to confidence in Frost, etc. 

I also get the impression that he's basically doubling down on this as a statement to his bosses, who approved the extension (how reluctantly, or after how much lobbying by Moos, we don't know).

30 minutes ago, Huckleberry Muhammad said:

I also get the impression that he's basically doubling down on this as a statement to his bosses, who approved the extension (how reluctantly, or after how much lobbying by Moos, we don't know).

I think Moos and Green are totally on the same page to begin with.  Green is already convinced that Frost is the guy.

Frost already has relationships with administration and other powers that be through his history at Nebraska and via Tom Osborne.

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, TheSker said:

I think Moos and Green are totally on the same page to begin with.  Green is already convinced that Frost is the guy.

Frost already has relationships with administration and other powers that be through his history at Nebraska and via Tom Osborne.

That all makes sense, and I dare say I like seeing that as part of this whole discussion about the extension.  Makes the whole hire seem even more "organic," for want of a better word.

Now, if he can just live up to it.   ;):blink: etc...

8 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

Correct, just Scott that I've seen.  Not sure if there were audible (unwritten) stipulations or agreements like "If D doesn't get cleaned up in year four, Scott, you need to make a move." 

As much as some might think Frost is making decisions solely on his own, he is not.

There are others......but three men that have Frost's ear include Davison, Osborne and Moos.  If any or all thought a staff change was needed, they would speak their mind to Frost.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, TheSker said:

As much as some might think Frost is making decisions solely on his own, he is not.

There are others......but three men that have Frost's ear include Davison, Osborne and Moos.  If any or all thought a staff change was needed, they would speak their mind to Frost.

There's been enough Staff turnover these men likely are advising playing the long game.  Get all you recruits in and evaluate each position and phase coach independently 

3 hours ago, Huckleberry Muhammad said:

I don't know about that.. it is a thought, of course.  But Moos made his "get us six wins" remarks at the beginning of the season, then walked it back as the losses piled up.  His new spiel became about how much time this is going to take rebuilding the program;  which indeed is what he said about the timing of this contract extension.  He said he was going to do it anyway, but doing it now would be a statement as to confidence in Frost, etc. 

Moos has no choice but to back Frost to the end as Frost was his hire.  He's tethered to Frost.  

• Plus1 2