Sellout Streak

Husker03

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Sold out does not mean full stadium. 

Also, most empty seats in the south stadium were the student section where they don’t sit in designated seats so they often crowd down lower leaving the tip open. 

considering the year, I was happy with the attendance. 

About 15 minutes before kickoff, i started to wonder what the crowd would look like. It was definitely a late arriving crowd, but it ended up pretty much full which is incredible considering the circumstance. 

In the past, NU has had donors or sponsors purchase remaining unsold tickets. But since Scott Frost was hired in 2017, all Nebraska season tickets have been sold out.

Unused tickets do come up before most home games, said NU Senior Deputy A.D. Garrett Klassy. Those come from the allotment of 3,000 tickets the Big Ten Conference requires each school provide visiting fans.

But when a Wisconsin or Indiana returns 500 to 1,000 tickets, Klassy said, the school puts them on sale to the public and they’re bought up.

OWH

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, BIG ERN said:

I live in Iowa and they complain about it all the time. A lot of old B12 foes would talk about it as well like K St, Colorado, Oklahoma 

The program??  Or the fans of those programs?

If it's the fans, then they don't know what the F*** they are talking about.  Every single one of those programs do the same thing with their ticket sales numbers.  They just can't get it so they actually sell out.

• Plus1 1
On 11/19/2019 at 8:12 AM, BIG ERN said:

I live in Iowa and they complain about it all the time. A lot of old B12 foes would talk about it as well like K St, Colorado, Oklahoma 

I've heard lots of chatter over the years about 2007 Oklahoma State broke the streak.  It was boosters and corporate interests as favors to the program propping it up that day.  If I remember correctly nearly half the stadium was empty before the second half.  The score being what it was, who could blame them?

1 hour ago, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

I've heard lots of chatter over the years about 2007 Oklahoma State broke the streak.  It was boosters and corporate interests as favors to the program propping it up that day.  If I remember correctly nearly half the stadium was empty before the second half.  The score being what it was, who could blame them?

Sellout is not attendance.  
basketball used to sellout all the good seats in devaney but half were empty even in conference games.   Weather and other things play into attendance but does not effect tickets sales unless you sell them at the gate.  Been a long time since you could buy a ticket at the stadium ten minutes before kickoff.   

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

This part, again, is totally irrelevant when talking about the sellout streak.

• Plus1 6
6 hours ago, Swiv3D said:

This part, again, is totally irrelevant when talking about the sellout streak.

Yes, I state that because if many seats were empty to begin with and it was building towards half empty by half time that it supports the fact that corporate interests "saved the bacon" in buying tickets that were never going to be occupied by people in the first place.  IMO, as a 'Husker fan the sellout streak is as legit and organic as Donald Trump Jr.'s book sales.  There were artificial means used in keeping it afloat.  If it has to be propped up by boosters and corporate interests the streak is meaningless.

Does the streak help with building the team? No it really does not. So I really couldn't care if the streak continues. I am tired of hearing how artificial the streak is. I don't know if it is real or propped up by boosters. I just want to start over and see the rebuilding. Yes the rebuilding will be painful and probably slower than the fan base will accept. Just accept the fact we are terrible, quit worshipping streaks that are meaningless at this point, and move forward.

• Plus1 2
11 minutes ago, Stormandy said:

Hey if the sell out steak is all you have, then by all means celebrate it. I would rather concentrate on being good again. 

I don't give a s#!t as compared to lots of other more important things, but that's what it always was. It's stupidity that bothers me, not being indifferent to the sellout streak.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1