8 minutes ago, mnhusker said:

I hope to see the DC put a plan that can at least make this not even top 100 offense look like a not even to 100 offense.  Given that they well have to defend more plays due to the quick offense then I assume they will look great till late in the game and hopefully longer. 

If the plan is to potentially play 70-80 snaps because of "synergy" with the Offense, then that would also seem to put a premium on quality depth on Defense. Chins will have to plan to regularly rotate, especially in the DL, so he will need to stock the roster with competitive backups. I'm sure the walk-on program will help supplement in this area, because you can probably get some quality snaps out of some walk-on upperclassmen on Defense, without needing scholarships.....

• Fire 1

On 11/27/2019 at 12:18 PM, Jarhead In Red said:

If the plan is to potentially play 70-80 snaps because of "synergy" with the Offense, then that would also seem to put a premium on quality depth on Defense. Chins will have to plan to regularly rotate, especially in the DL, so he will need to stock the roster with competitive backups. I'm sure the walk-on program will help supplement in this area, because you can probably get some quality snaps out of some walk-on upperclassmen on Defense, without needing scholarships.....

Bingo, it appears that we're on our way to that but it will take time. Hopefully the fire Chins crowd will be able to consider this before turning up the heat too much.