What if we BEAT Maryland?

There has been a discussion on "what if we lose to Maryland",  here is another thing to ponder, what if we beat Maryland?

Of course, this means we go 5-6.  Then what is everyone's attitude heading into the Heroes Game vs Iowa?  Play with nothing to lose and everything to gain, knowing we get to a bowl game with 6 wins?

I would personally hope that with us being 5-6 and there being a chance,  the Fans at Memorial Stadium would be some of the loudest, proudest most rabid fans they have ever been, rallying behind the Football Team. 

Stranger things have happened in College Football, Iowa may consider us just a stepping stone to their Bowl Game, but Nebraska could finish the regular season on a positive note, and send out the Seniors the right way. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, KCBuc said:

They still lose badly to Iowa. This team has no defense and has terrible special teams.

I have little faith in our  D but Iowa's O is no better than last year when we hung in there til the end in Iowa City. Question is whether our O puts it all together like they seemed so close to doing against Wiscy. If that happens we have a puncher's chance in Lincoln. 

• Fire 1

29 minutes ago, talaricohusker said:

Why do you a holes take the negativity back to your hell holes and suffer alone. I’m tired of that crap. Look I know this season has sucked but we’ve improved in a lot of place you just have to take off your hate filled glasses and look a little harder. I know WHEN we beat MD it’ll give us the boost that we need to beat Iowa. Iowa isn’t a world beater by any means and will make a ton of mistakes where we should take full advantage of them and win 

NU lost to stinking Purdue with a 3rd string QB. Let that sink in. It’s messed up.  The defense blows dead tuna. I can see the MD Qb running around  crazy on Chinander’s no pressure D and hitting big pass plays. Iowa will beat NU unless there is a whole sale change in defensive philosophy. Attacking verse whatever it is they are doing to get pressure. Thinking about puppies, kittens, and magical red unicorns will not change what this team is. They find ways to implode.(bad play calling, bad passes, special team hell, random bad snaps, no pressure defense, bad tackling...) If you put some skin in the game (gamble), your take would change. We all want NU to win but they are what their record is. Bad. 

• Plus1 1