What if we BEAT Maryland?

2 minutes ago, KCBuc said:

NU lost to stinking Purdue with a 3rd string QB. Let that sink in. It’s messed up.  The defense blows dead tuna. I can see the MD Qb running around  crazy on Chinander’s no pressure D and hitting big pass plays. Iowa will beat NU unless there is a whole sale change in defensive philosophy. Attacking verse whatever it is they are doing to get pressure. Thinking about puppies, kittens, and magical red unicorns will not change what this team is. They find ways to implode.(bad play calling, bad passes, special team hell, random bad snaps, no pressure defense, bad tackling...) If you put some skin in the game (gamble), your take would change. We all want NU to win but they are what their record is. Bad. 

saving for later.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, KCBuc said:

They find ways to implode.(bad play calling, bad passes, special team hell, random bad snaps, no pressure defense, bad tackling...) If you put some skin in the game (gamble), your take would change. We all want NU to win but they are what their record is. Bad. 

If we manage to beat MD and the team actually wants to go to a bowl game, the pressure will cause them to implode against Iowa.  We have a better chance of beating Iowa if we lose to MD and the possibility of a bowl game is eliminated.  I don't think we'll beat Iowa so Maryland is a must win if we want to improve from 4-8. 

Nate Stanley will be drafted higher than 2AM, IMO.

Even google has apathy towards this game.  Try to search Nebraska / Maryland game in google yields the 2/11/2020 basketball game against Maryland, not the football game  in 3 days.  If you search Nebraska Rutgers yields the 2017 game not the upcoming basketball game. What does this tell me, nothing, but thought it was funny.

image.thumb.png.a0c6fbb6150d59d4143c2f0aba5b7b2c.png

image.png

5 hours ago, cornhuskers4ever said:

There has been a discussion on "what if we lose to Maryland",  here is another thing to ponder, what if we beat Maryland?

Of course, this means we go 5-6.  Then what is everyone's attitude heading into the Heroes Game vs Iowa?  Play with nothing to lose and everything to gain, knowing we get to a bowl game with 6 wins?

I would personally hope that with us being 5-6 and there being a chance,  the Fans at Memorial Stadium would be some of the loudest, proudest most rabid fans they have ever been, rallying behind the Football Team. 

Stranger things have happened in College Football, Iowa may consider us just a stepping stone to their Bowl Game, but Nebraska could finish the regular season on a positive note, and send out the Seniors the right way. 

I think the old geezerly fans should give their tickets to the loudest mouthed kids they can find. 

It doesn’t do the team any good if you only have enough vocal stamina to cheer for only the good plays.

• Plus1 2

What IF we beat Maryland?  We have lost four straight.  We lost to Indiana.  We lost to Purdue.  We probably have no business beating Maryland.

But if we DON'T beat Maryland, I'm officially concerned about our direction.  Maryland has like one FG on the year and can only score points if literally everything on their offense is on point.  If we lose this game I'm done for the year....yes again.  There is still an outside long shot chance at a 6-6 record and a bowl appearance.  I really hope for Frost that his staff and this team realize the importance of that after last years awful showing and the way this year has spiraled out of control.  This is a can't lose game.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Hayseed said:

I think the old geezerly fans should give their tickets to the loudest mouthed kids they can find. 

It doesn’t do the team any good if you only have enough vocal stamina to cheer for only the good plays.

I have a hunch it's the old geezerlies that actually have the guts to hang in there and keep the faith.  It's the youngin's that quit.  I see it everyday at work.  And everyday here.  Just look up. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2

If we beat Maryland, we beat Iowa.....I expect to see the O actually put together a solid 4 quarters of play.  The D with an infusion of youth does better.  Chin will call these next two games as though his job depends on it.  I am optimistic that we see a NU team take the field that we have not yet seen this season.  From players (like last week) to scheme and play calling on both sides......

• Fire 1
26 minutes ago, lo country said:

If we beat Maryland, we beat Iowa.....I expect to see the O actually put together a solid 4 quarters of play.  The D with an infusion of youth does better.  Chin will call these next two games as though his job depends on it.  I am optimistic that we see a NU team take the field that we have not yet seen this season.  From players (like last week) to scheme and play calling on both sides......

Calling the right plays is 1/3rd of the issue. Tackling,  not staying in your lane and basic fundamentals are the problem. 

On 11/20/2019 at 4:47 PM, Scarlet said:

I have a hunch it's the old geezerlies that actually have the guts to hang in there and keep the faith.  It's the youngin's that quit.  I see it everyday at work.  And everyday here.  Just look up. 

I saw it a lot starting at The Bob that all the +- 60’s would make a lot of noise for a little while and then sit down quietly after the first miss by our team or score by an opponent as if to say, “thank God we missed, now I can get back to my nap!”

I get that same feeling watching football games. There just isn’t the stamina of the olden days.