Golden Window Classic

3 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

Creighton is unlikely - the last I heard they are planning to go to the MTE formerly known as The Battle for Atlantis. 

Missouri is unlikely since LSU will be here since there is usually only one team per conference in MTE's (yes, I know UNI & Illinois State are both in the Mo Valley).

KSU would be a good get, Kansas may feel like a tournament in Lincoln is "beneath" them + they don't want to have to play UNI.

seeing as we were originally scheduled to play KSU in KC i wonder if we just move that to LNK as part of this event and re-schedule the KC game for the end of the originally announced 3 game series against them. 

I know there is usually only 1 team per conference per MTE but this year makes no sense. Memphis/WSU both already slated for Sioux Falls even though both are already in the AAC. Ill St + UNI both in the Valley. Could easily break it into two eight team "brackets" and guarantee everyone 3 games. But we'll see what happens. 

1 hour ago, seaofred92 said:

seeing as we were originally scheduled to play KSU in KC i wonder if we just move that to LNK as part of this event and re-schedule the KC game for the end of the originally announced 3 game series against them. 

I know there is usually only 1 team per conference per MTE but this year makes no sense. Memphis/WSU both already slated for Sioux Falls even though both are already in the AAC. Ill St + UNI both in the Valley. Could easily break it into two eight team "brackets" and guarantee everyone 3 games. But we'll see what happens. 

Had the same thought about KSU & hadn't thought about two 8-team brackets.

Word is the six teams reported earlier are locked in.  They have about 10 more teams that seem to be getting close to signing which would get it filled at 16.  Some will be Power Six programs but they also need a few low-major teams willing to commit (mainly to the cost of travel).

Story is they hope to have more info out next week.

Probably won't be a decision on letting fans attend until sometime later - probably after football gets most of the way through the season and see how it goes.

• Plus1 1

Northern Iowa included here: 

https://collegehoopstoday.com/index.php/rothstein-files/10-mid-majors-to-watch-for-the-20-21-season/

Northern Iowa: The pain of last March’s 21-point loss to Drake in the quarterfinals of the Missouri Valley Conference Tournament completely erased for some what the Panthers accomplished prior to that defeat. Remember: Ben Jacobson’s squad won 25 games a year ago before the postseason, which included a neutral site win over South Carolina and a win at Colorado. Veteran guards A.J. Green and Trae Berhow headline Northern Iowa’s returning nucleus, which also includes sturdy big man Austin Phyfe and 6-4 Tywhon Pickford. Redemption is the main theme for this program in 20-21 after last season’s performance at Arch Madness.

• Mavric changed the title to Golden Window Classic