Golden Window Classic

On 11/17/2020 at 12:46 PM, seaofred92 said:

In case you were wondering about the mid-majors in this tournament.. they're good:

https://theathletic.com/2201428/2020/11/17/northern-iowa-saint-louis-top-the-latest-mid-major-top-10/

1. Northern Iowa

2. Saint Louis

3. Richmond

4. San Diego State

5. Loyola (Chi)

6. Western Kentucky

7. Dayton

8. Boise State

9. St. Bonaventure

10. Austin Peay

Dropped Out: Belmont, BYU, Utah State

Waiting Room: Duquesne, Furman, Murray State, North Texas, Saint Mary’s, UNC Greensboro, Winthrop

It’s great to see teams outside the major seven leagues assembling good schedules. This also shows what people think of the Golden Window field nationally: 

21 minutes ago, Mavric said:

So it's going to get totally cancelled and Nebrask will probably play a couple of the remaining teams in individual games.

I hope we have a long memory concerning future " contracts" with the musical chairs teams bailing at the last minute.

• Plus1 2

I get canceling it and maybe I’m over simplifying it but why wouldn’t we call Cincinnati (no MTE) get McNeese to stay and then add the two teams that just pulled out of Gulf Coast Showcase (ECU + Indiana State) and if we need filler then add Nebraska Wesleyan or UNK or Omaha or Peru State or someone local that would die at a chance to play? I was really excited for this event and theres still teams out there to play. Wish we would make it happen.

• Mavric changed the title to Golden Window Classic