Golden Window Classic

The third-annual event is held in the HTC Center on the campus of Coastal Carolina and takes place Nov. 19, 20 and 22, 2020. The eight-team field for the event includes Charlotte (Conference USA), Dayton (Atlantic 10), Loyola (Missouri Valley), Missouri (Southeastern), Penn (Ivy), Pittsburgh (Atlantic Coast) and Utah State (Mountain West).

Link

image.png.a70fe40c676e15eac3e6efceffd7f0ba.png

• Plus1 3

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is awesome news. If "several" power conference teams are going to be included I would assume that the below names make sense given the proximity to Lincoln (obviously not all will be involved and likely 1 per conference): 

AAC: Wichita State, Tulsa, Memphis, SMU, Houston, Cincinnati (wondering if we reach out to them even if they aren't really driving distance given we were supposed to play in football and previously agreed to the hoops/football H/H series)

Big East: Creighton, DePaul, Marquette

Big 12: Everyone (except maybe TTU and WVU)

SEC: TAMU, Vanderbilt, Missouri

Non-power teams that I'd love to see involved as well: Northern Iowa, St. Louis, Omaha

4 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

This is awesome news. If "several" power conference teams are going to be included I would assume that the below names make sense given the proximity to Lincoln (obviously not all will be involved and likely 1 per conference): 

AAC: Wichita State, Tulsa, Memphis, SMU, Houston, Cincinnati (wondering if we reach out to them even if they aren't really driving distance given we were supposed to play in football and previously agreed to the hoops/football H/H series)

Big East: Creighton, DePaul, Marquette

Big 12: Everyone (except maybe TTU and WVU)

SEC: TAMU, Vanderbilt, Missouri

Non-power teams that I'd love to see involved as well: Northern Iowa, St. Louis, Omaha

I'm just guessing here, but the Battle 4 Atlantis is supposed to take place in Sioux Falls at the Sanford Pentagon with dates still "TBD": https://www.argusleader.com/story/sports/college/2020/09/14/report-battle-4-atlantis-bringing-bahamas-sioux-falls/5796419002/

Teams in that field: Duke*, Memphis, West Virginia, Ohio State, TAMU, Utah, Creighton, Wichita State (*may opt out)

You have to wonder if some (all) of the above teams would be part of the Lincoln bubble given the proximity to Sioux Falls. Plus this would mean we get to play Creighton and we were supposed to host them in Lincoln this year anyways. 

1 minute ago, desertshox said:

I had seen duke had already pulled out and is also looking to do a bubble at duke. And i could have sworn i saw something that said b4a wasnt going to be in souix falls. But everything has been changing so fast (well except the minds of b1g presidents) that what i read no longer is right.

Duke is holding their own bubble, including some HBCU teams (will be announced soon). It's TBD what it means for Sioux Falls (likely not going). 

Battle4Atlantis as an organization isn't operating/affiliated with Sioux Falls. But the teams that were scheduled to play in Atlantis (outside of Duke) are all headed to Sioux Falls to play there.

Details: https://omaha.com/sports/huskers/mens-basketball/huskers-planning-to-hold-college-basketball-tournament-in-lincoln/article_0afca20f-f3dd-5517-8604-ec75c6b2e884.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1

The Nebraska men’s basketball program plans to be part of a tournament held in Lincoln, with as many as 16 teams, in late November and early December, The World-Herald has learned.

The Huskers were previously scheduled to play in the Myrtle Beach Invitational, which had been moved to Orlando, Florida.

The news of the Lincoln tournament, initially reported by CBS Sports, was confirmed Wednesday afternoon by sources with knowledge of the plan.

Although the tournament would be hosted in Lincoln, an event planner would have oversight of the event.

The tournament would start around Nov. 25 — the first day men’s teams can start playing — and could potentially play games at both Pinnacle Bank Arena and the Devaney Center. A Zoom call to go over the concept was planned for late Wednesday afternoon.

• Plus1 1

50 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

Would love to see KSU/KU/Mizzou/Creighton/Wichita State involved if possible.

Creighton is unlikely - the last I heard they are planning to go to the MTE formerly known as The Battle for Atlantis. 

Missouri is unlikely since LSU will be here since there is usually only one team per conference in MTE's (yes, I know UNI & Illinois State are both in the Mo Valley).

KSU would be a good get, Kansas may feel like a tournament in Lincoln is "beneath" them + they don't want to have to play UNI.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Golden Window Classic