Golden Window Classic

This field is actually really great so far.

High Majors:

Nebraska

LSU (will be NCAA caliber)

Ok State (has #1 player in the country, would be NCAA Tournament caliber but banned)

Mid-Majors: 

Northern Iowa (NCAA caliber)

St. Louis (NCAA caliber)

Western Kentucky (NCAA caliber)

Nevada (Bubble caliber)

Colorado State (Bubble caliber)

San Francisco: (NIT caliber)

Illinois State (NIT caliber)

Low-Majors: 

Cleveland State

Will be interesting to see how they fill the rest of this group out. If they're definitely trying to get to 16 teams, they have 5 slots remaining. Looks like they aren't afraid to double dip on conferences (possibly 2 8 team brackets?). We know LSU and WKU are playing in Lincoln- could we see games played that are outside of the MTE format in addition to the 3 guaranteed MTE games?

32 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Did I understand a post from yesterday that indicated that this tournament isn't a done deal and it hinges on a decision from the Big Ten?

Ultimately the B1G can decide to play conference only games which would scuttle this tournament and any other Non-con games.

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Is Nebraska the only team in the B1G trying to host a tournament like this?

I think I saw somewhere that Indiana was trying to set one up - it would likely only be 8 teams.  I know Louisville & Kentucky are each setting up something.  K-State set up a 4 team tournament.  There have been rumors of various schools trying to set up something to cut travel and/or reduce covid exposure.

It sounds like the one Nebraska is trying to set up is more teams than most & less expensive to enter.

8 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Did I understand a post from yesterday that indicated that this tournament isn't a done deal and it hinges on a decision from the Big Ten?

A decision from the Big 10?? What a novel concept! Sleepy Warren might want to also consider letting Coach Frost in on some Minor stuff like roster size, etc. You know... minutiae....

11 teams under contract.  Close with three more.  Working on the last two spots.

Hoping to have things finalized and have an announcement early next week.  Mainly waiting on final word from the B1G  as to how many games they can play.  No word on if fans can attend.

Won't be a bracket but rather two pools and just get games assigned.  Playing at both PBA and Devaney.  Since they have two pools they might get two teams from the same conference.

Huskers expected to open against Cleveland State then play Oklahoma State.

• Mavric changed the title to Golden Window Classic