*** Official Maryland Game Thread ***

Mavric

1 minute ago, VectorVictor said:

40%. They’re pretty much a crappier Wisky, especially on offense. If Martinez will pull his head out of his rectum and make plays, we can win. 

But the Martinez playing today has zero shot of winning against Iowa. Some of our success is purely luck borne and seizing it from what appeared to be sure gaffes on Martinez.

Bold - we put up 21 on Wiscy and 500 yards of offense. If we have 400 yards against Iowa, I'm just about certain we'll have more points.

Italics - yes, definitely. Gotta clean that up, but that is not going to happen this year.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Bold - we put up 21 on Wiscy and 500 yards of offense. If we have 400 yards against Iowa, I'm just about certain we'll have more points.

Italics - yes, definitely. Gotta clean that up, but that is not going to happen this year.

We have one of the worst points-to-yards ratios over the last two years as anyone in the nation.

Bold statement.  

• Haha 1

First Half Obeservations

• FINALLY. The entire Nebraska program needed a game like this.
  • Maryland must have their calendar wrong, because they were giving out Christmas gifts left and right in that first half.
  • Great to see the younger players (Rhamir Johnson, McCaffery, Henrick) getting game time experience.
  • There might be a QB competition next year. Some people disagree, and that's fine. My opinioin is I don't care who you are playing...you just can't allow your starting QB to give up multiple turnovers when you're in the red zone, and Adrian has done that today unfortunately.

Things I'd Like To See in the Second Half

1. Put the game away early, and get a lot of the 2nd and 3rd string game experience.
  2. Use the big lead to work on on our running game.

FINAL THOUGHTS :

• Next week against Iowa is a winnable game. GET. BOWL. ELIGABLE.
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, The Duke said:

First Half Obeservations

• FINALLY. The entire Nebraska program needed a game like this.
  • Maryland must have their calendar wrong, because they were giving out Christmas gifts left and right in that first half.
  • Great to see the younger players (Rhamir Johnson, McCaffery, Henrick) getting game time experience.
  • There might be a QB competition next year. Some people disagree, and that's fine. My opinioin is I don't care who you are playing...you just can't allow your starting QB to give up multiple turnovers when you're in the red zone, and Adrian has done that today unfortunately.

Things I'd Like To See in the Second Half

1. Put the game away early, and get a lot of the 2nd and 3rd string game experience.
  2. Use the big lead to work on on our running game.

FINAL THOUGHTS :

• Next week against Iowa is a winnable game. GET. BOWL. ELIGABLE.

Nice hot take,. +1

• Fire 1

It’s obvious Martinez is the best QB even though he’s screwing up a lot. To think some rookie would come in, not see any receivers and scramble almost every time, and put up more than 14 points is... just a second, I spit my beer.

That teacher guy turned out to be right. Still, the O coaches need to get Martinez to clean up his sloppy plays. Some of the play calls against the grain are ill-advised as well.