*** Official Maryland Game Thread ***

Mavric

Hopefully we get a video of the game posted this week so can watch it and get another evaluation.   Trying to find the most positive, optimistic view, I am thinking that maybe, just maybe, at some point in the future, we will look back and say that the dramatic improvement in the team's play in the '19 Wisconsin game was the turning point where the turnaround and climb began!   We could win a couple more this year and then get rolling for real next fall!   It's a long, steep climb but it has to start at some point!   Maryland probably as bad as Bethune Cookman but we still played much better last year after finally getting over the hump.

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, grandpasknee said:

I expect that we win handily and convincingly.  And immediately thereafter predictions of 10-2 results for next year will follow.

Just thought I'd bump this to the back of the thread...  :-)

EDIT:  I forgot to add that I'd be one of those drinking the koolaid and making the bold predictions!  Lots of good looking young talent coming online next year!

• Plus1 1
40 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

Just thought I'd bump this to the back of the thread...  :-)

EDIT:  I forgot to add that I'd be one of those drinking the koolaid and making the bold predictions!  Lots of good looking young talent coming online next year!

Why not drink KoolAid? It’s yummy

Just now, hskrfan4life said:

I'm sick and tired of fans doing this. It's a win you don't need to diminish it.

TRUTH. Regardless of the calibre of Maryland, we didn't play down to them.  Something I can't remember us not doing for years.  We played our game.  Something we struggled to against the likes of USA, NIU and others.....I'll take it.  Finally "played" liked Nebraska should.  

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, hskrfan4life said:

I'm sick and tired of fans doing this. It's a win you don't need to diminish it.

Ya, with a team/program that is learning how to win, any win is vitally important, no matter the opponent. It is a starting point to build from, helping to establish confidence in themselves and in the process the staff is using to prepare them. Baby steps first, and then worry about beating more formidable opponents later...

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1