What Did We Learn - Maryland

Mavric

As much as I like McCaffrey, I don’t think now is the time to start him. We still haven’t seen him in the passing game enough, and Iowa won’t  let him run that option with the impunity he had today. 

But i also believe quoting AM’s stats today as an argument is very misleading. Let’s face it, if the Maryland defenders could catch they would have had two or three picks. He still makes an awful lot of bad throws. 

But at this point, I think he still has to be our main guy. But I still think a series here and there for McCaffrey adds another dimension to our offense. And is just something else for Iowa to have to adjust to. 

13 minutes ago, 3rd and long said:

As much as I like McCaffrey, I don’t think now is the time to start him. We still haven’t seen him in the passing game enough, and Iowa won’t  let him run that option with the impunity he had today. 

But i also believe quoting AM’s stats today as an argument is very misleading. Let’s face it, if the Maryland defenders could catch they would have had two or three picks. He still makes an awful lot of bad throws. 

But at this point, I think he still has to be our main guy. But I still think a series here and there for McCaffrey adds another dimension to our offense. And is just something else for Iowa to have to adjust to. 

Get him on the field for several series, and run the hurry up so they can't substitute on defense.  He could line up at WR on one play, QB the next, take a wildcat snap, etc, etc.  Would be a defensive challenge for sure.

• Fire 1