What Did We Learn - Maryland

Mavric

Luke is a gamer. Love his attitude

Adrian showed his bipolar tendencies with flashes of greatness followed by mind boggling (what would be) mistakes throwing into questionable coverage. Although, when he is going, this offense really can't be stopped. He's our X factor, live and die by him.

We were better in almost all statistical categories possible, but it was nice to see us play well to the ball on defense. Not a lot of yards after initial contact and we Tackled pretty well in the bad weather 

I learned we are capable of playing well for a complete game (we haven't been this complete against any team)

The future bodes well with the young talent

We created some TO's

Chin actually manufactured pressure

Young guys got some playing time

I think something is wrong with AM's shoulder (everything is off with his throwing motion)

When AM wants to run, he does very well. (I'd make more designed runs against Iowa)

DL played very well

I am hoping that with another week to heal, we get a few guys back and a few more closer to 100%.

Regardless of how Maryland played, for once we didn't fall to the level of our competition.  We kept our foot on the gas.  All gas and no brakes.  Doing this with injuries and some guys sick as dogs....Hope that bodes well against Iowa.  Guys have got to like how today felt.  As a fan, I sure as hell did!  

Thanks Huskers!

GBR

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 2

1 hour ago, twofittyonred said:

McCaffrey is faster, more decisive and the offense seems to run more smoothly... why would you say "crazy"..??  If he bulks up a bit in off season he will be > Martinez..

Because McCaffrey isnt a good passer yet. Looks smoth because all it is is runs. Hell be really good but not yet

Ok, in all seriousness its time an expert weighs in.  Ive been patiently letting you guys get your thoughts out on paper...some are spot on, others........lets just say sometimes the one calling others crazy is el loco gringo.

-All in all, our defense played great.  I have no complaints about our defense, even with a lil luck.

-offensively was hit or miss...we did some great things...we also looked like we always have for the most part (aside from pulling a leprechaun out of our a$$)  

-I would caution that the score was not entirely indicative of our play.  Look, Maryland literally gave us our 20+ point lead.  And then i think they were just lifeless.  

-AM should of had about 3 picks, those of you who think AM looked good werent watching the game...he looked the exact same as always..sometimes he would look good, but over half the time he looked bad.  This isnt baseball, a .400 batting % isnt gonna win you many games.

-McCaffrey on the other hand, looks good about 90% of the time.  

-Iowa will be the real test...if Martinez is our QB we will lose unless we have the leprechaun hostage.  If McCaffrey plays QB most of the game i like our chances, even Vedral if healthy.

• Fire 1