What Did We Learn - Maryland

Mavric

1 hour ago, Railroader said:

I've seen a lot of great QB's since 58 - - too many to list.   The really great ones had quick minds that matched or even exceeded their physical skills.   

IMHO, BigPete & AO are spot-on in their assessments.   

Martinez has a low ceiling (at QB) because he makes too many mental errors, doesn't see things.   He is a skilled athlete and could be very good at several positions of need (Safety, Outside Linebacker, Flanker, etc.).   Think about all the low passes that normally will go uncaught (today was an exception).   Think about all the passes that were dropped because he hasn't learned how to slow the pass down for short range . . . those things kill an offense against good teams.  

I like the young man, but we risk much by having him at #1 QB.   For 2019, overall, our best QB may be Vedral, followed by Luke M, then AM.   In 2020, we may hopefully have more options (we would be an instant contender if we had a McKenzie type of QB).

So let me get this right. Vedral went 0-2 as a starter, including one game where he was forced out with injury, yet he should have been the starter all season?

Again, I agree Martinez needs to play with fewer mistakes, but the offense does well with him at QB, even as the team loses skill talent all around him.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
12 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

At least every other year, but NU is forced to play Ohio State and/or Michigan every year. 

The fan support in College Park today was unbelievable. In trying to make the brand national, you hope Moos and Frost would figure out a way to come out east more often. 

That being said, the best possible bowl we could maybe hope for is the Pinstripe, so would be a true gift to have them in the area twice in a couple months. 

1 minute ago, gorp512 said:

The fan support in College Park today was unbelievable. In trying to make the brand national, you hope Moos and Frost would figure out a way to come out east more often. 

That being said, the best possible bowl we could maybe hope for is the Pinstripe, so would be a true gift to have them in the area twice in a couple months. 

It was great to see all the Husker fans at the game today. I think Frost and Moos will try to convince the Big Ten needs to do a better job of rotating teams across each other more.  Who knows if that will do any good though. 

Doing well with simple play calls (designed qb runs, options, and passes designed where you are only looking at one receiver) in mopup time against 2nd/3rd string vanilla defense is... well, not as actually impressive as many seem to think. 

I feel like Adrian is gonna take a huge jump next season. Something is gonna click or re-click.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 2
13 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Doing well with simple play calls (designed qb runs, options, and passes designed where you are only looking at one receiver) in mopup time against 2nd/3rd string vanilla defense is... well, not as actually impressive as many seem to think. 

I feel like Adrian is gonna take a huge jump next season. Something is gonna click or re-click.

The sad thing is, there are quite a few posters here that would prefer to see him do that someplace else. 

• Plus1 3