What Did We Learn - Maryland

Mavric

I forgot that feeling when you get upset about losing a shut out with 2 minutes left in a game.

But it was good because it sure felt like old times, especially all those option runs being thrown in there.

And wasn't it nice to see stupid fluky sh**** like Spielman's TD go in our favor? I feel like those kinds of plays have been going against us for about 15 years.

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1

5 hours ago, Huskr25 said:

I find it hilarious that some posters automatically dismiss martinez to ever get better and that he needs to leave or not be the starter next year. 

The offseason hasn't even started yet but I suppose I should trust the "eye test" of these posters over D1 football coaches

Pretty sure I didnt see anyone say Martinez should "leave" and there should ALWAYS be a health competition for position..  The words reality and exaggeration come to mind.. 

• Fire 2
7 hours ago, CornBread1 said:

I’ve been reading this board for many years now (at least 5) without an account but I finally caved and had to create one because I couldn’t hold my breath any longer. It is so mind boggling to me that after a 54-7 road win, and on their senior day, that some people on this site can and never will be satisfied no matter the outcome. Instead of nitpicking the play of players just be happy that our Skers finally played a complete football game for 4 quarters and dominated an opponent in all phases of the game. 

You can still be a fan and happy for your team while stating OBVIOUS deficiencies.. If we all followed this same "happy go lucky" attitude, we would still have Riley and sprinkles....  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, twofittyonred said:

Haven't looked yet to see if he created any yards by being out of position but  I did see him shoot gaps twice like a 5th year senior..

I can live with the first part. That will improve as he gets more reps. I agree wholeheartedly with the 2nd part of your statement 

• Fire 1

14 minutes ago, twofittyonred said:

Haven't looked yet to see if he created any yards by being out of position but  I did see him shoot gaps twice like a 5th year senior..

I think he was pretty far out of position on the long TD, but so was everyone else and I'm not even sure if Reimer was supposed to be around the ball. I agree though, he was flying around! 

Barry made some nice plays in coverage, that was fun to see. 

Rahmir was really close a couple times, a little added strength and decisiveness and he's gonna be a good one. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, macroboy said:

I learned that there is this thing you can do on 4th down. You kick the ball between 2 metal posts and they give you three points. I think they call it a feel goal. I hadn't seen that before. Is it new?

We can do that now that we have the new Jan Stenerud on the team.

• Haha 3
11 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

So let me get this right. Vedral went 0-2 as a starter, including one game where he was forced out with injury, yet he should have been the starter all season?

Again, I agree Martinez needs to play with fewer mistakes, but the offense does well with him at QB, even as the team loses skill talent all around him.

Yeah, I'm tired of hearing how great the backups are when I see their main attributes are running the QB keeper and not scoring much. It's obvious that Martinez has some passing issues and maybe in the future another QB will show us he's better. Maybe it'll be Logan Smothers? Who knows.

(See how I went way past the backups to a guy who isn't even here yet?)

• Plus1 3