What Did We Learn - Maryland

Mavric

3 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

I think so too...but comparing him to Suh just doesn't really jive...two different positions.

As a DT, getting sacks and TFL's isn't as easy as it is at DE or LB.  That's really what made Suh a finalist there...that he was that great at his position that normally WASN'T a pass rushing position.

Myles Garret would be a better comparison imho.

11.5 sacks his best year. I get it, it's heretical to compare anyone to Suh. But Young and Suh are/were as dominant as any P5 defensive players in recent memory.

19 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

11.5 sacks his best year. I get it, it's heretical to compare anyone to Suh. But Young and Suh are/were as dominant as any P5 defensive players in recent memory.

No doubt. In his last 2 games against Wisconsin and Penn State he has 7 sacks alone. He sat out against Maryland and Rutgers. Imagine what his totals would be if he had played! I think he ends the year with 20+ sacks

On 11/24/2019 at 12:57 AM, Landlord said:

Doing well with simple play calls (designed qb runs, options, and passes designed where you are only looking at one receiver) in mopup time against 2nd/3rd string vanilla defense is... well, not as actually impressive as many seem to think. 

I feel like Adrian is gonna take a huge jump next season. Something is gonna click or re-click.

I think lo country is right, he's struggling with a nagging injury that is messing with his accuracy and will be better next season. Just a hunch.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
On 11/25/2019 at 8:23 AM, ColoradoHusk said:

The # of "should have" interceptions for QB's could always be pretty high.  Rarely do defenses capitalize on every opportunity to make an interception or recover a fumble.  The "should have turnovers" argument always drives me crazy.

In fairness to both sides though, in defending a QB’s play people are always very quick to point out drops by receivers, the “should have been caught”.  The argument is he threw a good pass that should have been caught. So if the QB is going to get credit for throwing a good pass that gets dropped, it should be the same when he throws a bad one that the defender drops. 

• Plus1 1