What Did We Learn - Maryland

Mavric

4 minutes ago, BigPeterJ said:

Ok, in all seriousness its time an expert weighs in.  Ive been patiently letting you guys get your thoughts out on paper...some are spot on, others........lets just say sometimes the one calling others crazy is el loco gringo.

-All in all, our defense played great.  I have no complaints about our defense, even with a lil luck.

-offensively was hit or miss...we did some great things...we also looked like we always have for the most part (aside from pulling a leprechaun out of our a$$)  

-I would caution that the score was not entirely indicative of our play.  Look, Maryland literally gave us our 20+ point lead.  And then i think they were just lifeless.  

-AM should of had about 3 picks, those of you who think AM looked good werent watching the game...he looked the exact same as always..sometimes he would look good, but over half the time he looked bad.  This isnt baseball, a .400 batting % isnt gonna win you many games.

-McCaffrey on the other hand, looks good about 90% of the time.  

-Iowa will be the real test...if Martinez is our QB we will lose unless we have the leprechaun hostage.  If McCaffrey plays QB most of the game i like our chances, even Vedral if healthy.

Please, do tell us all of your credentials that make you an "expert".  Curious minds want to know.

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It’s very possible that McCaffrey can beat out Martinez next year. But THIS YEAR Martinez is still the better choice. He had nearly 300 total yards in less than 3 quarters and people are calling for his benching. 

Stats are overrated.  Ice Cube messed around and had a triple double one day.

Those who watch football for a long period of time can see the deficiency in Adrian.  He's not the guy.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

Im not sure what your point is.  Martinez played Maryland also..and S. Alabama, Colorado, etc etc.  He looks bad nomatter who he plays.

Correct.  He's bad.  I don't care what the stats say.  His mind is weak.  He's indecisive.  His play is too erratic.  I hope he's beat out by a grad transfer Milton or McCaffrey next year.  

1 minute ago, DefenderAO said:

Correct.  He's bad.  I don't care what the stats say.  His mind is weak.  He's indecisive.  His play is too erratic.  I hope he's beat out by a grad transfer Milton or McCaffrey next year.  

Would it be hard to just hope he gets better?  Or perhaps recovers fully from some injuries unknown to us street people?  You speak pretty harshly for a bystander that is not involved in the day to day work being done.  I personally hope Milton and McCaffrey are absolutely amazing and the Martinez improves enough in all areas to beat both of them out.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

Im not sure what your point is.  Martinez played Maryland also..and S. Alabama, Colorado, etc etc.  He looks bad nomatter who he plays.

Or you're just overly focused on the bad and ignore extenuating circumstances.

McCaffrey has issues reading defenses in practice and tends to throw picks.  He hasn't played all that much Quarterback.  He's learning.  He'll get better.  But he's not there yet.

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

McCaffrey has issues reading defenses in practice and tends to throw picks.  He hasn't played all that much Quarterback.  He's learning.  He'll get better.  But he's not there yet.

I dont see practice so you may have a point.  If he throws more picks in practice than AM, than either AM is much better in practice than in games, or Luke really has a long way to go learning the QB position.  He is a better runner than AM imo.

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

This is pretty telling.

I've played and watch too much to know stats are deceiving.  Eyes tell the story.  If you want to trust Adrian's efficacy for the next two years, your call.  I'd pull him and build with a kid who has physical and mental tools to make NU consistently fantastic on O.  

• Haha 3
7 minutes ago, Mavric said:

One of our worst practice players in college was all region and POY in the conference.  This can happen.  Some kids can just win in games.

I want to be wrong, but if Scott rides Adrian there are multiple losses ahead because of this decision.  

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

Would it be hard to just hope he gets better?  Or perhaps recovers fully from some injuries unknown to us street people?  You speak pretty harshly for a bystander that is not involved in the day to day work being done.  I personally hope Milton and McCaffrey are absolutely amazing and the Martinez improves enough in all areas to beat both of them out.

:thumbs  I'll try it this way.  I hope Adrian improves beyond what you hope for and the others are better than his ceiling.