Will we beat Iowa?

r06ue1

Will we beat Iowa? Discuss.   

146 members have voted

1. 1. Will we beat Iowa? Discuss.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/29/2019 at 06:30 PM

4 hours ago, r06ue1 said:

I actually like our chances, of course, I also am a glass is half full type, but really, I noticed a change during the Wisconsin game (a game I believe that we could have won minus/plus a few plays).  Iowa this year reminds me of Michigan State of last season; good defense, craptastic offense, I think they are very beatable.  

I actually said the same thing after the Wiscy game. I saw a change. I couldn't put my finger on it. But it felt different. I refuse to believe we don't have the talent. This team needs to trust and believe in themselves. It is almost like when something bad happens, their body language is expressing "Here we go again". They need to wash the stench of getting used to losing off of them and believe again. mentally, I think some of them are done (upper classmen). After the Riley years, you really can't blame them. 

AM got the sophomore jinx going on. Expectations and Heisman talk was way premature. Self inflicted pressure to meet up to expectations. He will get better, or McCaffrey and Vedral will take his place. 

I hope we win this week. We have to tools. Like the boy in Polar Express, "I believe, I believe" Hope the bell starts ringing soon.  

They are beatable, but they don't beat themselves like we do.  They frustrate  a lot of teams into low scoring games.  They'd have had at least 2 more picks than Maryland yesterday against Martinez.  I expect them to try to jump some of those short routes and screens as well.  Martinez better be his most accurate of the season.  Their offense can move the ball well at times, but their defense is stellar.

If we play an error free game like we did against Maryland and Frost is open to the idea of sitting down Martinez if he struggles and puts in McCaffrey or Vedral, I like our chances. If Frost sticks to Martinez even though he struggles and our defense forgets how to tackle, we lose this game. Iowa is not a juggernaut offense by any means. They have beaten several teams by field goals. If we score 30 points, we win. If our offense struggles, their defense can win the game for them. Also remember that there defense is among the top in the Big in terms of takeaways. I love my Huskers and a bowl game and all the preparations are crucial for the development of this team before next year. GO BIG RED! 

I’ll say yes UNLESS the defense lets their 102nd rank rush offense look like Wisconsin, which is totally possible.  They are pretty average at guard center guard.  Get good push there and get into Stanley’s face/feet.  Stanley has a cannon, but has shown often his throws will sail when a pass rush is in on him.  The first half of the Illini game this was in full effect

• Plus1 1