Will we beat Iowa?

r06ue1

Will we beat Iowa? Discuss.   

146 members have voted

1. 1. Will we beat Iowa? Discuss.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/29/2019 at 06:30 PM

I'll say like I said against Maryland, we again see a team that we haven't seen yet.  To include play calling, players and attitude.  They played well in all 3 phases last week. We improve this week.   With several starters out and several starters getting IV's because if the flu and or food poisoning we played the most complete game I have seen in years.  Frost threw a lot in that game plan against Maryland from new players (Johnson, Luke as a receiver and QB), more rotation on D (LJax hitting guys) manufactured pressure and actual pressure from the defensive front etc....You want to make a big push before early signing?  Beat Iowa and go bowling.  

Yes, 5-7 looks "better" than 4-8, BUT 6-6 while beating Iowa looks and feels a whole lot better.  I am sure there are quite a few guys who want to go bowling and that desire will be stronger than Iowa's trying to screw us from going bowling....

We win in a close game.  

• Plus1 4
2 hours ago, PaulCrewe said:

I’ll say yes UNLESS the defense lets their 102nd rank rush offense look like Wisconsin, which is totally possible.  They are pretty average at guard center guard.  Get good push there and get into Stanley’s face/feet.  Stanley has a cannon, but has shown often his throws will sail when a pass rush is in on him.  The first half of the Illini game this was in full effect

I trust we can get a push, D line has been pretty solid. We need the backers to make plays behind that push 

2 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

I trust we can get a push, D line has been pretty solid. We need the backers to make plays behind that push 

If the backers have a good day, I like Nebraska's chances. D-line, for what they are being asked to do, have indeed been pretty solid all year. I just have a feeling the Iowa game is going to be a strange one (not necessarily in a bad way). 

• Plus1 1

The biggest thing that gives me hope is how much our offensive line has improved.  Earlier this season they were getting pushed around by South Alabama; false starts, bad snaps, all of that seems to have been cleaned up and look at the holes we were opening up against Wisconsin's vaunted rush defense.  Farniok (a guard) has looked much better at tackle than early in the season and Frost and Co. are looking like geniuses at this point putting Jurgens at center (though it looked like a disaster the first half of the season).  

• Plus1 1

I’ve watched an inordinate amount of Iowa football this year. They are not the world beaters some folks make them out to be. Nebraska can absolutely win this game. 

Iowa lives and dies with Stanley. If he has time in the pocket, he can carve teams up. If he’s uncomfortable, he folds like a lawn chair. Have to get pressure on Stanley, and hold em on 3rd downs. 

Their RBs are average. Line isn’t bad. TE’s are a decent threat but they’re missing Fant and Hock. 

Defense is fairly stout. But our offense seems to be gelling right now. 

If Neb decides to show up and play with some moxie, I think they can win this game. If they bring the same energy as the Minnesota game, it’ll be a long day. 

• Plus1 2

Nebraska is winning this one! We built some confidence going into rivalry week, the seniors seem fired up to keep the momentum going and our defense is playing much much better the past few weeks. If we win or tie the turnover battle we take this one. Just need ole T-Mar... I mean A-Mart to be decisive, and make decent to good decisions because Iowa wont tip the ball twice and let someone catch a pass for a TD...

Also, anyone remember that one awesome drive vs Ohio St where we ran the I-form option? Well I bet that comes back this week. At the very least we open the entire playbook up and show Iowa stuff they've never seen. Fingers crossed Frost doesn't out coach himself though

Bold prediction: Nebraska 24 - Iowa 16

• Haha 1

Illinois 4-4 was a good come from behind win, but Maryland 1-7 and Northwestern 0-8 are wins over Bad Big 10 teams. We are only leading Northwestern at being on the bottom of the Big 10 west. We have a lot to play for. My Iowa coworkers are not worried about the Huskers on this up and coming “Black & Gold” Friday.

I would love to see the offense find a way to stress them out with just a couple early TD's,  and see if the defense can stay disciplined for four quarters.     All that said, the biggest difference is that the Iowa team is conditioned to Win games,  the Huskers need to find that again, I hope last week helps spark some fire.