Will we beat Iowa?

r06ue1

Will we beat Iowa? Discuss.   

146 members have voted

1. 1. Will we beat Iowa? Discuss.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/29/2019 at 06:30 PM

10 minutes ago, Cy the Cyclone said:

Unbiased view - Iowa will stuff any run game the Huskers try to generate.  They've stuffed the best the Big 10 has to offer so far so there's no evidence it won't happen again.  So...it will fall on Martinez to generate any offense and, sorry to say,  I'm pretty sure he's not going to be up to the challenge.  He's inconsist and makes bad choices when he's under pressure.  He floats passes out there...he practically gave Maryland two interceptions if they had been competent enough to capitalize on them.  I'm sure a spy will be assigned to him to take his running game away.  I'm almost sure we'll see someone else at QB before the first half is over...either because AM is ineffective or because he got crushed.

When Iowa has the ball, they will just pound it until they wear the DL down.  It's what they do...along with a lot of dinks and dunks to the tight ends and backs out of the backfield to take advantage of the weak Husker linebacking crew.  Don't expect a lot of flash from the Iowa offense on Friday.  Probably lots of counters, screens and traps to take advantage of the Husker tendency to over pursue then just a lot of smash mouth football.  They'll grind the Huskers down with boredom.

I rank my hatred of the Squakeyes right below stepping in dog s#!t and a little above rap music so I'm hoping it turns out differently than I think it will but...we have legal sports betting in the state now and I could use some new boots so...the smart money is going with the Fighting Nepotists on Friday.

I guess you didn’t watch the PSU game

31 minutes ago, Cy the Cyclone said:

Unbiased view - Iowa will stuff any run game the Huskers try to generate.  They've stuffed the best the Big 10 has to offer so far so there's no evidence it won't happen again.  So...it will fall on Martinez to generate any offense and, sorry to say,  I'm pretty sure he's not going to be up to the challenge.  He's inconsist and makes bad choices when he's under pressure.  He floats passes out there...he practically gave Maryland two interceptions if they had been competent enough to capitalize on them.  I'm sure a spy will be assigned to him to take his running game away.  I'm almost sure we'll see someone else at QB before the first half is over...either because AM is ineffective or because he got crushed.

When Iowa has the ball, they will just pound it until they wear the DL down.  It's what they do...along with a lot of dinks and dunks to the tight ends and backs out of the backfield to take advantage of the weak Husker linebacking crew.  Don't expect a lot of flash from the Iowa offense on Friday.  Probably lots of counters, screens and traps to take advantage of the Husker tendency to over pursue then just a lot of smash mouth football.  They'll grind the Huskers down with boredom.

I rank my hatred of the Squakeyes right below stepping in dog s#!t and a little above rap music so I'm hoping it turns out differently than I think it will but...we have legal sports betting in the state now and I could use some new boots so...the smart money is going with the Fighting Nepotists on Friday.

Screenshot_20191127-191613_ESPN.thumb.jpg.f36c7937a0a29b9f7e2a788f724bfbd2.jpg

Screenshot_20191127-191623_ESPN.thumb.jpg.c73623d8fd72c3937a8fdc0545fc2e0d.jpg

Two out of the last 3 weeks they gave up 192 at 4.9 per, and 300 at 6.5 per.  Nebraska also ran for 273 at 7.4 per carry on a defense ranked 13 spots higher than Iowa just two weeks ago.

Screenshot_20191127-192209_ESPN.thumb.jpg.115718e336f7c314445c20bf877cccec.jpg

• Plus1 2

6 minutes ago, Cy the Cyclone said:

You mean the one where Penn State averaged 3.3 yards per carry?  Nah...I was watching Iowa State dismember West Virginia.

So, what's your point?

Yeahhh Penn state moved their DL - “at home under the lights” - when they needed to. First team to run for over 100 yards against that defense and since you didn’t watch, PSUs OL moved them in the 4th quarter seal the win. I’m guessing you think Clifford’s 16 carries is normal...

39 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

Yeahhh Penn state moved their DL - “at home under the lights” - when they needed to. First team to run for over 100 yards against that defense and since you didn’t watch, PSUs OL moved them in the 4th quarter seal the win. I’m guessing you think Clifford’s 16 carries is normal...

Thats good...how about you throw up some comparative stats from Purdue and Minnesota games?

Frankly...I'm pretty sure at this point in the season, ISU would run roughshod over both of your defenses (and I'm pretty confident Nebraska would run wild over ISU's defense) but, since you've turned down my offer of a neutral series at UNO, I guess the world will never know.

• Plus1 1

I really want to believe that we can beat Iowa but this team has left me with very little hope that they can rise to the occasion when it matters most. There are still several players on this team that play uninspired football and could care less if they win or lose. Of course, there is nothing I want more than us beating Iowa and going bowling but every time I have high hopes, I get crushed. So, I am assuming that this game is the Huskers bowl game win or lose.

33 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

I really want to believe that we can beat Iowa but this team has left me with very little hope that they can rise to the occasion when it matters most. There are still several players on this team that play uninspired football and could care less if they win or lose. Of course, there is nothing I want more than us beating Iowa and going bowling but every time I have high hopes, I get crushed. So, I am assuming that this game is the Huskers bowl game win or lose.

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, Cy the Cyclone said:

Thats good...how about you throw up some comparative stats from Purdue and Minnesota games?

Frankly...I'm pretty sure at this point in the season, ISU would run roughshod over both of your defenses (and I'm pretty confident Nebraska would run wild over ISU's defense) but, since you've turned down my offer of a neutral series at UNO, I guess the world will never know.

OMG...would we have to take turns dressing in old Mav's unis every other year? Rod Kush could do the coin flip from a questionably cheap recliner at midfield.

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, Cy the Cyclone said:

I never proclaimed any of these points you’re trying make. You claimed Iowa is a world beater against the run against top teams in attempt to build your point that Iowa will shut NU down, but in fact, that’s not the case. 

I really couldn’t care less about ISU, create another thread if you want to discuss those matchups. 

• Plus1 1
On 11/24/2019 at 11:35 AM, Stone Cold said:

No bro, they hate us.  They hate what we had, they hate that we talk about what we had, they hate our fans, our team.  The are playing to make us end our season.  So yes they have alot to play for.

Does Iowa fan really hate Husker fan like that?  Cause straight up we dont care about them