Bowl win or lose?

HANC

I am not being negative, because regardless of how the season has played out, I truly believe that this team is capable of beating Iowa.  With that said, this team was capable of beating Colorado, Indiana and Purdue too.  I love bowl season.  I begin checking bowl projections way too early.

The 6 wins will obviously get this team to a bowl.  If we happen to lose, has anyone done research to see if we would possibly be in line for the APR (may not be right).   I saw that we may be the 5th team in line.  Currently, there are 8 more bowl slots than eligible team.  Of course, many 5 win teams could win this weekend, making it irrelevant.  

Would this team accept a 5-7 bowl bid.  I believe it would.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1

of course we would accept a bowl bid. Any bid. We need a bowl game.

However, I (and most of us, I assume) would not be satisfied with a 5-7 season, bowl bid or not, and would rather not have to think about that option. Let's just win the damn game and earn that bowl bid instead of limping into a "maybe" scenario again.

• Plus1 2
46 minutes ago, Ulty said:

of course we would accept a bowl bid. Any bid. We need a bowl game.

However, I (and most of us, I assume) would not be satisfied with a 5-7 season, bowl bid or not, and would rather not have to think about that option. Let's just win the damn game and earn that bowl bid instead of limping into a "maybe" scenario again.

I've gotta agree with this.  If we don't beat Iowa earning our sixth victory, we need to just stay home for bowl season.  I would think missing a bowl game for the third consecutive year would make the team leaner, meaner, and hungrier for next year.

Nebraska is tied for 41st in APR.

After a quick check, errors possible, 37 of the 41 are either bowl eligible or currently have four or fewer wins.  

Of the remaining four Nebraska is tied for third.  Ohio and Boston College have five wins are ahead of us.

With a game to go, positions could change radically.

It would be better to just win (baby)

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, junior4949 said:

I've gotta agree with this.  If we don't beat Iowa earning our sixth victory, we need to just stay home for bowl season.  I would think missing a bowl game for the third consecutive year would make the team leaner, meaner, and hungrier for next year.

Right, because sitting at home and being angry will definitely develop them better than an extra few weeks of practice.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

19 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

This thread isn't worth the discussion.

I remember a hilariously stupid thread last year at this time, sitting at only 4 wins before Iowa, in which a couple of posters were carrying on about our chances at getting to a bowl, even though all of the eligible bowl slots were already full. We had a little bit of fun with that thread.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

This may be a waste of time, but what the heck I'm retired.

By my count there are eight bowl slots left as of Tuesday morning.

Here are the contenders.  You do the math

FIVE WIN TEAMS & THEIR OPPONENTS
BOSTON COLLEGE   PITT (7-4)
NORTH CAROLINA   N CAROLINA ST (4-7)
TEXAS CHRISTIAN   Lost...5-7
MICHIGAN ST.   MARYLAND (3-8)
NEBRASKA   Lost...5-7
ARMY    HAWAII (8-4) NAVY (8-2)
OHIO   Won...Now 6-6
KENT ST   Won...Now 6-6
OREGON ST   OREGON (9-2)
COLORADO   UTAH (10-1)
MIZZOU Lost appeal, has bowl ban    
MISSISSIPPI ST   Won...Now 6-6
TROY   Lost...5-7
LOUSIANA MONROE   LOUISANA (9-2)
LIBERTY   2 of six wins are against FCS, only one counts
FOUR WIN TEAMS AHEAD OF US IN THE APR
DUKE   MIAMI (6-5)
STANFORD   NOTRE DAME (9-2)
MIDDLE TENN STATE   WESTERN KENTUCKY (7-4)
OLE MISS   Lost...4-8