Bowl win or lose?

HANC

2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

The people making fun of my topic last year, e.g. @Ulty, can go suck an egg. I knew it was unlikely but I enjoyed doing it. I did it as a kid after we lost to Colorado in 2001, so it was pretty cool then when it worked out. 

no, it wasn’t your fault. It was actually a great thread that you put some good research into, until we actually were eliminated, but a couple of dolts kept making bow plans anyway.

Mea Culpa  Mea Culpa

Rats, one of the forty bowls that I was so sure about is for FCS teams.  So 78 teams, 75 bowl eligible teams, with Boston College (win or lose) ahead of us leaves only two slots.  I would require a major miracle for DONU to qualify.

Well, technically  Nebraska is still alive for the APR bowl. NOT REALLY...SEE YOU NEXT YEAR.

There are 40 bowls (even though some talking heads are saying 39...one was added this year.)

Currently, as of Friday night there are 75 teams with six or more wins.  Liberty's six wins do not currently count as two were against FCS teams. 

Boston College is ahead of UNL on the APR list, we are second after Ohio and Kent St. won this week.

We can hope that the teams with four wins and that are ahead of us on the APR list don't pick up their 5th win and/or only a few teams with five wins pick up their sixth win.  Chances are slim for us but as they say there is a chance.   Here the teams with six or more wins.  Teams in the first column have finished their season.

APP  11-1 AFA L TECH TEMPLE
AR St 7-5 ALA LOU TENN
BSU 11-1 ASU LSU TULANE
BUFFALO  7-5 AUB MIAMI UAB
CINN  10-2 BAYLOR MICH UGA
CMU  8-4 BYU MINN UK
EMU  6-6 CAL MRSH ULL
IOWA   9-3 CHAR MS St USC
KENT St  6-6 CLEM NAVY USM
M OHIO  7-5 FAU ND UTAH
MEMPHIS 11-1 FIU NEV Utah St
OHIO  6-6  FLA OK St WAKE F
TEXAS  7-5 FSU OKLA WIS
TOLEDO 6-6 GA SO OREGON WKU
UCF  9-3 GA St OSU WYO
UVA 9-3 HAW PITT 1
V TECH 8-4 ILL PSU 2
WASH  7-5 IND SDSU 3
WASH St  6-6 ISU SMU  
WMU  7-5 KSU T A&M  
  • Plus1 1

So as many of you may know, there are 5 open spots for bowls available at the moment. There are about a dozen teams sitting at 5 wins with a chance to make it 6 today, but I figured now was a good time to talk about possibly making a bowl at 5-7. As it stands we are 3rd in APR among eligible teams so we would need at least 3 open spots at the end of today to get in from my understanding. Something to keep an eye on today for sure. Teams to watch are TCU, Boston College and North Carolina.

Edited by Mavric
Merged threads
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

So as many of you may know, there are 5 open spots for bowls available at the moment. There are about a dozen teams sitting at 5 wins with a chance to make it 6 today, but I figured now was a good time to talk about possibly making a bowl at 5-7. As it stands we are 3rd in APR among eligible teams so we would need at least 3 open spots at the end of today to get in from my understanding. Something to keep an eye on today for sure. Teams to watch are TCU, Boston College and North Carolina.

TCU lost yesterday. Boston College is ahead in APR so win or lose they qualify before us. There are basically 9 games that affect this today and 8 must go our way. Michigan State, North Carolina, and Liberty are heavy favorites too, but I guess there's a chance...