The Real Reason the Iowa Game is So Huge

Landlord

6 hours ago, Landlord said:

It's not about a bowl game. It's not about a rivalry. Those things are interesting and nice, but it's really about the land:

hNGACzS.png

We beat Iowa and we'll get all that sweet, sweet land. Then who knows, could match up with BYU in a bowl game.

I'd prefer Utah in the bowl game. I'll give up Nebraska land for Hawaii, Alaska, and Washington. They can keep Utah and... I think that's part of Arkansas? (Actually, Utah is really pretty (actually actually and so are parts of Arkansas)).

We can fight back for Nebraska real estate next year.

7 hours ago, Landlord said:

It's not about a bowl game. It's not about a rivalry. Those things are interesting and nice, but it's really about the land:

hNGACzS.png

We beat Iowa and we'll get all that sweet, sweet land. Then who knows, could match up with BYU in a bowl game.

I'm glad to see you've come around to imperialism.:D

6 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I'd prefer Utah in the bowl game. I'll give up Nebraska land for Hawaii, Alaska, and Washington. They can keep Utah and... I think that's part of Arkansas? (Actually, Utah is really pretty (actually actually and so are parts of Arkansas)).

We can fight back for Nebraska real estate next year.

I would agree with you except there's 0% chance we could ever face Utah in a bowl.

4 hours ago, Landlord said:

I would agree with you except there's 0% chance we could ever face Utah in a bowl.

If we beat Iowa and then defeat Mizzou in a bowl we would basically own the Louisiana Purchase.  

• Plus1 1

In the category of counting one's ditch chickens way before they've hatched, a win might pit us against Florida St in something like the Cure or Frisco bowl.  That said, a win Friday is going to take a much better performance that we had against Maryland.  A better team that hadn't already packed it in for the season would have exploited our miscues making a game of it.