2021 JUCO CG Keisei Tominaga [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

I didn't think he really looked 6-2 from those highlights.  Robin Washut was at their tournament a couple weeks ago and said that Tominaga isn't any taller than he is and he's "barely six-foot".

Webster is currently the only scholarship player we have listed at shorter than 6-4 but he did pretty well this past year.

39 minutes ago, Atbone95 said:

Glynn Watson played fine at that height in the B1G. He'll live. 

I don't recall saying that he'll cease to exist.  ;)

I'm curious if he'll still be able to shoot effectively going against guys that are 3-5 inches taller than him every night.  And more athletic that what he's used to facing.  And having to guard them on the other end.

I hope he does.  I'd just rather have my SGs be a bit bigger.

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

I'm curious if he'll still be able to shoot effectively going against guys that are 3-5 inches taller than him every night.  And more athletic that what he's used to facing.  And having to guard them on the other end.

I agree. It’s going to be an adjustment for him 100%. There’s been quite a few clips of him dribbling up the floor right into a 3- that likely isn’t happening on a regular basis at NU. He’s not a primary ball handler at all- but could be lethal in the corner as a catch and shoot guy off a P/R from the top of the wing. Think Trey McGowens as a ball handler with Walker rolling to the rim and Tominaga in the corner ready to snipe a catch and shoot 3. That’s what his role will be. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Mavric said:

I think its a valid concern seeing that we have struggled to get the ball to wide open guys for easy looks.

That also being said, some of his tape shows he seems to have a bit of a "I dont care who is guarding me, ill shoot" and he sort of makes his own shot and has a pretty quick release.

Dont know if that is against guys more his size or how is speed will match up.

I just like the idea that he seems willing to sort of go "full steph curry" and shoot wherever.

17 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

I agree. It’s going to be an adjustment for him 100%. There’s been quite a few clips of him dribbling up the floor right into a 3- that likely isn’t happening on a regular basis at NU. He’s not a primary ball handler at all- but could be lethal in the corner as a catch and shoot guy off a P/R from the top of the wing. Think Trey McGowens as a ball handler with Walker rolling to the rim and Tominaga in the corner ready to snipe a catch and shoot 3. That’s what his role will be. 

Nail on the head. Nobody is expecting this guy to get you 20/game. But if he can spread the floor and knock down 2-3 wide open looks in a game, he will have done his job. 

• 2 weeks later...

• Mavric unpinned this topic
  • 5 weeks later...