2019 CFB Coaching Carousel

Mavric

19 hours ago, Mavric said:

I posted this in another thread, but I figured I'd put it into this one too:

I know firing coaches isn't a popular thing for some around here.  Trust me, I know.  And believe me, I really don't like saying a guy should get fired.  But a guy SHOULD get opportunities to get better.  Sometime a more sage eye is needed to help someone younger along.

This is my plug for bringing in former USF head coach Charlie Strong as co-defensive coordinator.

Why?  Let's check all the boxes:

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY AND RIGHTEOUS.....

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, alexhortdog95 said:

I posted this in another thread, but I figured I'd put it into this one too:

I know firing coaches isn't a popular thing for some around here.  Trust me, I know.  And believe me, I really don't like saying a guy should get fired.  But a guy SHOULD get opportunities to get better.  Sometime a more sage eye is needed to help someone younger along.

This is my plug for bringing in former USF head coach Charlie Strong as co-defensive coordinator.

Why?  Let's check all the boxes:

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY AND RIGHTEOUS.....

I'd love to see Strong on the staff, but I highly doubt it happens. Frost will likely ride with his guys at least one more year unless someone leaves on their own.

Chris Petersen’s surprise resignation at Washington

spins college football coaching carousel

By Matt Bonesteel     Dec. 2, 2019 at 1:19 p.m. CST

The college football regular season was barely a memory before struggling programs started firing coaches Sunday. And, considering the early signing period in recruiting begins in less than three weeks, those programs are likely to move fast.  “The early signing [period] has complicated football searches,” Missouri Athletic Director Jim Sterk, who fired Coach Barry Odom on Sunday, told Dennis Dodd of CBS Sports. “Speed is important.”  LINK 

===================================================================

This is a pretty good Washington Post article highlighting who's in, who's out, and who the candidates are for all of college football.  

36 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Wow. I'm hoping they negotiated the s#!t out of his buyout cuz he was set to get $5.5 million if he was let go before 12/31/19

Here we go:

Under terms of the separation agreement, Bobo will be paid $1.825 million in three installments until 2022. The first payment of $608,334 will be paid June 30, 2020. The second payment of $608,333 will be paid June 30, 2021 and the final one of $608,333 will be paid on June 30, 2022.

https://www.coloradoan.com/story/sports/csu/football/2019/12/04/mike-bobo-out-colorado-state-head-football-coach/4315536002/