*** Official Iowa Game Thread ***

Mavric

1 minute ago, louisianared said:

Don’t know why but this game feels different. Got the feeling that Frost might have finally gotten everything to “click”

Hope my feeling is correct 

Sort of the context of my comment earlier.  An early glass of koolaid gave me visions of our offense actually looking like Scott wants it to look...fast, efficient and explosive and our defense being quick to the spot and sure tackling.  I'd relish seeing that vs the Herky-jerks looking like a stereotypical slow, slogging BIG team.

• Fire 1

With the Hawkeyes stout defense it could easily be a low scoring game that comes down to one or two plays.  I'll bet we see some misdirection and weird formations.   Might even see an Osborne-esque trickeration play.    

5 minutes ago, NUance said:

With the Hawkeyes stout defense it could easily be a low scoring game that comes down to one or two plays.  I'll bet we see some misdirection and weird formations.   Might even see an Osborne-esque trickeration play.    

I'm betting we see some / several formations with McCaffery and Martinez on the field at the same time, with possibilities of diamond formations in the backfield, direct snaps.  McCaffery as QB, AM in the slot, etc.  I hope so anyway.  See something to mix things up.  

Of course, if it works, they'll all be heroes.

If it doesn't work, the "why did they feel the need to get so cute" buzzards will circle immediately.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, NUance said:

We need to be able to succesfully hit FGs from 4th and 6 at our 25 and not feel like we have to go for it every time.  Multiple zero points series in their territory will bite us.

• Fire 1