*** Official Iowa Game Thread ***

Mavric

2 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

We had better see something different out of this offense right out of the gate in the 2nd half. Guess you guys don't want to go bowling huh?! Disgusting

I keep hoping having their noses pushed down in it over and over would affect them somehow but there's just nothing.  You've got talent that has no idea how to work together consistantly. :dunno

Why the constant fascination with the quick out to the sideline? Martinez cannot seem throw in front of the receiver and we lose yardage five of the seven attempts; and puts us behind the chains.. If you can't execute the play, either play someone who can, or scrap the play from the game plan!

• Plus1 2

Just now, BigPeterJ said:

Sadly, i agree Frost isnt learning.  Like someone else said, our defense is outscoring our offense...yet we have all these fire Chin posters, but Frost always gets a pass....

Firing the HC is the last resort. Gotta give him a chance to fix the broken parts first... but he doesn't appear to have any plans of doing that.

3 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

I mean heaven forbid one would compare recruiting class rankings between these two programs the last five years

Recruiting rankings don’t mean squat if you can’t develop. The amount of attrition from the transition may be mediocre compared to the rest of the country but we are boned with that 2017 class & a mediocre transition class in 2018. Plus you completely transition schemes from a 4-3 to a 3-4. I love what I’ve seen from the 2019 class. Suspect I’ll believe the same about the 2020 class next year. 

Just now, BigPeterJ said:

Sadly, i agree Frost isnt learning.  Like someone else said, our defense is outscoring our offense...yet we have all these fire Chin posters, but Frost always gets a pass....

1. Chin didn't hire himself

2. Chin isn't the guy who said, "Win at all costs."

3. Chin isn't making 5 million a year. 

Like I have said in other threads - Frost will tell me what I need to know about him if he makes staffing changes for the better in the off season, or he keeps the nepotism going....which will ultimately cost him his own job.

Its fascinating watching Frost offensive scheme. For example. When Mazour was in the game, Frost had him run two plays trying to disguise the trick pass eventually. Instead Martinez throws Mazour a bad ball, breaking down the play and a big loss. It was there. Failure of the players to execute and quite honestly its Martinez to blame more often than not. Then you have a Martinez interception. Frost is gonna win or lose on Adrian's play.

48 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I'd wait until he plays against a defense with a pulse before making any sweeping proclamations.

He was Georgia player of the year.  Iowa always has a good line, they are getting some really good skill players now also.  Iowa is going up, while we are going down as respective programs.  Its dissapointing...who would have thought we would fall so far.