*** Official Iowa Game Thread ***

Mavric

Iowa had problems with the other McCaffrey in the Rose Bowl several years ago, can't get any worse at this point, I guess bring the other McCaffrey in and run the hell out of the ball and see what happens? Not sure he's the answer for throwing just yet, but the kid can run! Option offense, simple yet effective, push the ball down the field. 

1 minute ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Iowa had problems with the other McCaffrey in the Rose Bowl several years ago, can't get any worse at this point, I guess bring the other McCaffrey in and run the hell out of the ball and see what happens? Not sure he's the answer for throwing just yet, but the kid can run! Option offense, simple yet effective, push the ball down the field. 

They don’t want to burn his shirt for a game already lost. That doesn’t make sense. He is indeed the future. 

1 minute ago, Decked said:

Recruiting rankings don’t mean squat if you can’t develop. The amount of attrition from the transition may be mediocre compared to the rest of the country but we are boned with that 2017 class & a mediocre transition class in 2018. I love what I’ve seen from the 2019 class. Suspect I’ll believe the same about the 2020 class next year. 

The 2018 class still is far better than theirs.  My point is coaching.  You were on the right trail your first sentence then ran off to run off sentence land.  How have the guys that returned from last year that according to the head coach “bought in” improved this season?????

Think all you want, they haven’t.  And that falls directly onto those paid to lead the players

2 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Its fascinating watching Frost offensive scheme. For example. When Mazour was in the game, Frost had him run two plays trying to disguise the trick pass eventually. Instead Martinez throws Mazour a bad ball, breaking down the play and a big loss. It was there. Failure of the players to execute and quite honestly its Martinez to blame more often than not. Then you have a Martinez interception. Frost is gonna win or lose on Adrian's play.

Its Frosts fault for continuing to play Martinez, when we have 2 solid QBs behind him.  Your right much of it is on Martinez, but thats Frosts fault at this point.  Also Frosts fault for all the dumb screens against a defense thats not even blitzing.

9 minutes ago, Decked said:

Callahan didn’t inherit a 4-8 team fresh off the damages Mike Riley did to the team. 

No sir.  Frosty gets to use that excuse in year one, not year two.  Year two, strides must be made.  How has the defense made strides this year (don't quote stats like most do, please)?

P.S. - Callahan went bowling in year two after not going bowling in year one.

• Plus1 1
Just now, alexhortdog95 said:

Difference is - Iowa's offense is built to run the football first.  Passing is optional.  They've got 3 losses - 2 by less than 14 combined points, I believe, and both losses were to ranked opponents.  If you can run the football, you can win most games....if your defense is making the occasional stop.

You have seen Iowa’s rushing numbers this year, right?  They don’t run it well.  But we do a better job of not stopping the run. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

We've been bleeding the NEBRASKA way since OZ left.  Solich stemmed the bleeding with the last of OZ's recruits and staff.  Then Callahan, he could at least recruit and kept it afloat a little.  Bo drove it on the rocks cussing everyone out and then Riley took it out  and was a smiley while the rest of the league put a cap in our a$$.  So Frosty inherits a program on life support.

We have few playmakers (Washington, WanDale and Spielman)  Mill and Martinez are capable.  The O-Line and D-line will all be competing for the same arena league spots.  The LBs better hit the books hard and get their degrees.

Our best players are the freshman and sophomores.  Gonna take a little time but there's still a heartbeat.