*** Official Iowa Game Thread ***

Mavric

Just now, PaulCrewe said:

Such a huge game for you as a coach and program and instead of throwing the sink at Iowa on offense, you bank on moving the ball with umpteen screens that have more than proven their salt all year.:facepalm:

I can't agree more.  You screwed Johnson with sh!tty management. Let him burn it to try and get the win.  Sit AM and use Luke.  Go for broke.  Just this crappy screen play as our identity and "go to" play.....

6 minutes ago, Decked said:

I still think next year is when we will truly start seeing increased depth & playmakers. 

Reasons why:

QB: can’t get any worse or Luke takes over

RB: Mills has improved. Adding two more guys + Johnson is the off tackle/screen guy.

WR: If Spielman stays, Wan’Dale & hopefully a third emerges (Omar Manning Plz god come home). Freshman emerge from S&C and provide way more speed.

TE: There is no way these guys get better but no way they get worse. 
OL: Think we see some massive strides. Farniok at G and Benhart at RT. Depth is coming along I swear.

this unit improved due to overall better talent & development along the OL. 

D:

DL takes a slight drop. Need more depth here. grad transfer option would be great. 
LB: if these guys get worse I will off myself. Addition by subtraction. JUCO adds do well hopefully. 
DB: Williams back. Bootle at S. Cam Taylor-Britt & Clark. I think this unit gets better despite losing Lamar. 

I think additions by LB/DBs make this group slightly better. Way better If Chin is gone. 

Great post until your last line. More staff upheaval will only delay progress with the younger guys. Why not let them continue to learn the scheme from the staff as they get more of their type of players into the system?

Just now, Wistrom Disciple said:

Great post until your last line. More staff upheaval will only delay progress with the younger guys. Why not let them continue to learn the scheme from the staff as they get more of their type of players into the system?

What scheme is that? Give up record setting rushing yards per game?

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, Bryon said:

At Oregon and UCF Frost had athletes who could take those little bubble screens and make people miss.  Here not so much.  He needs to adjust his playcalling to suit the talent and counter the defenses.  That's why the options seems to usually work.

he does too have guys that can make the defense miss, those are just the guys who are supposed to be blocking. they make them miss their block to make the tackle.