*** Official Iowa Game Thread ***

Mavric

1 minute ago, Decked said:

I think we will improve regardless of who is at QB. I hope it isn’t Martinez. 

It's sad when the white knights defend Martinez.  And from folks that say they've watched a lot of football. Adrian is bad.  You could see it early this year.  He's got a slow mind and now he doesn't run well.  It's bad.  

1 minute ago, CAHusker said:

It would have been interesting to see what Luke could have done, a guy would think better.  I know everyone is pissed, but this team fought hard and is not very good.  Skill positions alone are way below what we need. 

This really hurts us

No Washington

No Robinson

Average Martinez

Average?  Average for Martinez?  Or objectively average?  Because if the latter...Martinez was terrible.  

1 minute ago, grandpasknee said:

Some one explain exactly why Frost sucks.  I know he is way to stuck on Martinez,  but what else?

Let’s see...his constant use of screen plays that weren’t there and got very little ROI?

Or his inability to go downfield and use his WRs over the middle? 

Or his puzzling subbing of Martinez for Vedral and McCafferey, only to yank McCaffery back out when he was your spark for the offense in the second half. 

His use of Wandale and lack of use of Mills in the first half. 

The chickens*** calls made at the end of the game to not lose instead of win? And putting the game in Martinez’s hands when he’s a shell of himself and clearly not someone that can spark or motivate this team.:dunno

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, lo country said:

We have the worst red zone O in FBS. OT makes you start from basically the Red Zone.  Secondly, we have no FG kicker.....He played for OT...

Complete idiot! Its like he wants to lose. If Martinez is starting next year I'll definitely find a better use of my time. It'll be another 4 win gem. 

Just now, DefenderAO said:

It's sad when the white knights defend Martinez.  And from folks that say they've watched a lot of football. Adrian is bad.  You could see it early this year.  He's got a slow mind and now he doesn't run well.  It's bad.  

For clarity’s sake: I don’t support Martinez. Luke has the fire, the leadership, the decision making. Martinez can say some cool things to the media to try and talk his way out of this but we all know he is a dud from last year. I just don’t know how he could regress so bad.  

• Plus1 2
Just now, LumberJackSker said:

It was honestly chins best performance against a team with a pulse.

Exactly. Not that he is the answer long term but he has been making the defense better and you don't fire this early if there is progress. Next year will be different progress needs to be more significant