*** Official Iowa Game Thread ***

Mavric

Time for Frost to do a little inward looking.

He isn't a savior. He doesn't walk on water. He can make incorrect decisions, and has shown a terrible habit of pointing the finger rather than accepting the blame.

He's got some tough roster decisions to make in the offseason. And even more, he's got some tough coaching decisions to make. If he decides his friendships are worth more than his job, then as much as he will want to point the finger of his demise elsewhere, it's all gonna be of his own doing.

I think of this sorta like 2010 Clemson. Dabo finally figured out he wasn't the hot shot know-it-all he thought he was. He hired some top tier assistants like Chad Morris, and went on to hire Brent Venables.

Tough decisions suck, and it's even worse when it may hurt a friendship. But is that friendship worth your job, hurting 85 scholarship kids, and an entire fan base just so you can have a hunting buddy or two?

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

Just now, BigWillie said:

Time for Frost to do a little inward looking.

He isn't a savior. He doesn't walk on water. He can make incorrect decisions, and has shown a terrible habit of pointing the finger rather than accepting the blame.

He's got some tough roster decisions to make in the offseason. And even more, he's got some tough coaching decisions to make. If he decides his friendships are worth more than his job, then as much as he will want to point the finger of his demise elsewhere, it's all gonna be of his own doing.

I think of this sorta like 2010 Clemson. Dabo finally figured out he wasn't the hot shot know-it-all he thought he was. He hired some top tier assistants like Chad Morris, and went on to hire Brent Venables.

Tough decisions suck, and it's even worse when it may hurt a friendship. But is that friendship worth your job, hurting 85 scholarship kids, and an entire fan base just so you can have a hunting buddy or two?

No one is getting fired. Maybe Dewitt but I doubt it

Just now, huskerfaninbuckeyehell said:

The offensive play calling after the fumble recovery (and most of the game) was absolutely pathetic. After the McCaffery TD he should have remained in the game he earned it. 

He's earned leading the team moving forward.  Unless truly unbiased eyes, not ones that committed to an Adrian 'til death do they part, eval a better option.

It ain't Adrian.  

IF they want to pay me a consulting fee, I could probably pin point why the culture sucks - and it's not "Riley's players". Its cause you preach about players not wanting to be there, and not wanting to win. Then proceed to coach not to win, and play the guy moping around at Qb and not the guy that gives you the best chance to win. You think these guys don't see who the better QB is in practice. Maybe they're sick of the coach putting kids down for not buying in - when he himself isn't doing all within his power to win a game. That will kill a culture. My 2 cents. 

29 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

That's pretty cold given that his mom is gone. I dont think he should be starting but dont go there.

27 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

Average?  Average for Martinez?  Or objectively average?  Because if the latter...Martinez was terrible.  

Ok, average to below average.  Is that better?  Hey, I wanted to see Luke play the second half like everyone else here.  

7 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

IF they want to pay me a consulting fee, I could probably pin point why the culture sucks - and it's not "Riley's players". Its cause you preach about players not wanting to be there, and not wanting to win. Then proceed to coach not to win, and play the guy moping around at Qb and not the guy that gives you the best chance to win. You think these guys don't see who the better QB is in practice. Maybe they're sick of the coach putting kids down for not buying in - when he himself isn't doing all within his power to win a game. That will kill a culture. My 2 cents. 

Apparently Luke isn't the best in practice.  The ones who bring this up from the board also may not understand that some kids crumble in the spot light and some are just plain gamers.