*** Official Iowa Game Thread ***

Mavric

Can’t blame this loss on culture or Reilly or the players.

This is on Frost 

4 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

So the last series, if you are going to only rush three for some stupid reason, why oh why are you keeping all four LBs in there for coverage?????  

Cause your Chinander

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Good Tweetman said:

Martinez is not the problem. I agree Luke should start but Martinez is not why we lost this game.

What did he do to help win the game?  He is the features player in the offense and played terrible.  He has such awful game awareness that he can’t figure out to not go out of bounds at the end of the game.  And he may be the only person in the stadium who didn’t know that.  He is a big reason we lost the game. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Good Tweetman said:

Martinez is not the problem. I agree Luke should start but Martinez is not why we lost this game.

I agree with this. He didn’t lose it, but about 89,000 people could see that he wasn’t going to win it there at the end. Why Frost didn’t stick with Luke is inexplicable considering what he’s shown in his limited reps this season. Frost said post game that the thought of keeping McCaffrey in there instead never really crossed his mind. I about drove off the damn road. 

• Thanks 1

I don't understand why Martinez casually jogged out of bounds intentionally on that second down play. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt that there was a miscommunication from the sidelines about what the plan was.

But once it was - what was it,  2nd & 20 - it seems clear Frost wanted to burn out the clock. Adrian steps out of bounds, stops the clock. If he doesn't do that there is basically a 100% chance the game goes to overtime.

The thing is that it isn't even surprising at all.

24 minutes ago, Undone said:

I don't understand why Martinez casually jogged out of bounds intentionally on that second down play. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt that there was a miscommunication from the sidelines about what the plan was.

But once it was - what was it,  2nd & 20 - it seems clear Frost wanted to burn out the clock. Adrian steps out of bounds, stops the clock. If he doesn't do that there is basically a 100% chance the game goes to overtime.

The thing is that it isn't even surprising at all.

Maybe that scenario wasn’t on the 700 question offseason QB test.